> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Kalidia's Rhythm And Groove
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 26 2013, 11:58 AM
Instructor
Hey Frederico!

This here is your thread smile.gif I would like to start with a task that I derived from this very lesson that you have already recorded: can you please use power chords instead of single notes and record like that, that means that each single note in the lesson will be transformed into a power chord smile.gif

What do you think? Let me know if it's clear and doable! I thought it would be a good challenge since you already know the melody and now you can work on transforming it into a rhythm wink.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Aug 26 2013, 04:35 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok i'll try this!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 27 2013, 07:59 AM
Instructor
Looking forward to see a video smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Aug 27 2013, 05:52 PM
Learning Roadie
So every 5th would become a perfect fifth except for the B wich will become a diminished fifth? It doesn't sound very well huh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 27 2013, 09:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Aug 27 2013, 04:52 PM) *
So every 5th would become a perfect fifth except for the B wich will become a diminished fifth? It doesn't sound very well huh.gif

Make it an octave tongue.gif or use a minor third biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Sep 7 2013, 04:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Cosmin! This is not so simple for me, anyway this is the rec at 90 bpm, let me know! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfWPxcTHyEE...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 8 2013, 11:53 PM
Instructor
Hey mate biggrin.gif It sounds dead on!!! Good work! I can't see your left hand unfortunately, but out of what I can hear, everything is in place, aside from some spots where you probably got distracted a bit! Are you ready to move on to a more challenging piece?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 8 2013, 11:53 PM

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Sep 9 2013, 07:46 PM
Learning Roadie
yes i am smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 10 2013, 09:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Sep 9 2013, 06:46 PM) *
yes i am smile.gif

Howdy bro!

Let me know if you fancy this one:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Sep 11 2013, 08:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok I'm gonna try and learn this! Cosmin have you ever used the counting approach to learn rhythm? I'm trying to count and play at the same time 16th notes... does this approach may help me?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 11 2013, 08:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Sep 11 2013, 07:06 PM) *
Ok I'm gonna try and learn this! Cosmin have you ever used the counting approach to learn rhythm? I'm trying to count and play at the same time 16th notes... does this approach may help me?

Hey mate - I almost ALWAYS count biggrin.gif I will also talk to you a bit about this in a movie wink.gif Stay tuned tomorrow!

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Sep 11 2013, 09:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Wonderful! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 04:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Sep 11 2013, 08:04 PM) *
Wonderful! biggrin.gif

Here we go mate - it'll probably be loaded in about 10 minutes or so:

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Sep 15 2013, 08:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Wonderful Cosmin and thank you very much! I'm gonna try this with my last assignement.
When I learnt to play the flute in school my teacher makes me tap the foot all the time when playing! Then I realize I was not tapping it as an expression of my inner clock but rather I want to "chase" the music I was playing. As a result I could'nt stay on time when I eventually put a metronome! Then i start to use only the metronome but without being 100% in tempo with that. Now i want to try to learn the assigment with couting first and only then use the metronome or backing track. What do you think cosmin?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 15 2013, 05:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Sep 15 2013, 07:27 AM) *
Wonderful Cosmin and thank you very much! I'm gonna try this with my last assignement.
When I learnt to play the flute in school my teacher makes me tap the foot all the time when playing! Then I realize I was not tapping it as an expression of my inner clock but rather I want to "chase" the music I was playing. As a result I could'nt stay on time when I eventually put a metronome! Then i start to use only the metronome but without being 100% in tempo with that. Now i want to try to learn the assigment with couting first and only then use the metronome or backing track. What do you think cosmin?

Hey mate smile.gif I honestly don't think it's such a good idea, because counting will make you think of two things - counting and playing. Counting will immediately make use of your voice (even if it's only in your head) and you will find yourself in the situation in which you have to focus on two difficult things at once. Instead, you can do this:

- learn the melody and become able to sing it - it can be sung in your mind, not necessarily out loud!
- sing it against the metronome and make sure you stay with the rhythm and the tempo, ok?
- once you are comfortable with this, start tapping your foot while singing and also following the metronome - this is the point in which you will have real control on that particular piece

At this point, playing it will occur naturally, because your brain has understood what it has to play! What do you think?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 15 2013, 05:54 PM

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Sep 16 2013, 08:36 AM
Learning Roadie
Deal! Do you think the last assigment is a good place to start to learn this approach?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2013, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Sep 16 2013, 07:36 AM) *
Deal! Do you think the last assigment is a good place to start to learn this approach?

Of course mate - try it biggrin.gif Anything is good for this approach as all music is played to a rhythm, correct?

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Sep 21 2013, 06:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Cosmin! this the piece at 112, i'm still working to get it at full speed. Looking forward to hear what do you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iVzGeW3pKs...eature=youtu.be

This post has been edited by Kalidia: Sep 21 2013, 06:09 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2013, 06:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Sep 21 2013, 05:08 PM) *
Hi Cosmin! this the piece at 112, i'm still working to get it at full speed. Looking forward to hear what do you think! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iVzGeW3pKs...eature=youtu.be

Hehe, I knew something was missing biggrin.gif

It's all good mate! I feel like the part at 0:21 is a bit rushed, but just a tiny bit. Otherwise, keep pushing the tempo so that you may get it to full speed, aye?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 21 2013, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Sep 22 2013, 11:15 AM
Learning Roadie
Here it is! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocdnTa40GCQ...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:15 PM