> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

29 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > »   
Pavelducati's Start Line
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 13 2014, 03:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (pavelducati @ Jun 13 2014, 10:36 AM) *
Hi,Cosmin.
And I recorded finally cover by Skillet

http://youtu.be/_Q3dM-EaB7g

))

Hey mate! Very nice playing and I love the tone biggrin.gif It's dark and heavy! The riff in the ending - you move your let hand fingers a bit too much and it hinders your playing smile.gif Please focus on movement economy and you'll see a great deal of difference biggrin.gif And the Solo - watch out for the bends, mate wink.gif You know the drill biggrin.gif Keep them in pitch, ok?

QUOTE (pavelducati @ Jun 10 2014, 05:03 PM) *
Hi,Cosmin.
It's really funny.
My solo))Ha-ha))
Just look at this guy.
Do you know when I can buy new fingers))
I know answer-don't rush, take it easy and work hard)))
I will, I promise.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1gskupwu6u08jf/Tremonti.mp4

Hehe! Man! You got things really well from the perspective of having to explain them biggrin.gif You actually helped me see a bit of an ensemble view on the idea of someone else playing it in front of me so thank you!

The idea is to play it slow and to try and match the original recording afterwards biggrin.gif Can you record it against a metronome click at let's say 50% of the original speed? Watch out for the bends and try to play all the notes even and with good articulation - that's why you are playing slow, so that you can be able not to miss any note biggrin.gif Deal?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 13 2014, 05:06 PM
GMC:er
I am very glad that it was useful for you.
It is absolutely unusual for me)

I will get Tremonti next week and continue training Tremonti solo.
Can I tune my McCarty with 11-54 strings in open D?
I am afraid that it is very hard for the guitar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 14 2014, 07:07 AM
Instructor
Hey man biggrin.gif If you put that gauge in that tuning, you will hurt the poor guitar, so I would suggest 09 - 046 for that tuning wink.gif What say you?

And how is the chord/rhythm part working for ya? I mean the Alter Bridge song smile.gif

QUOTE (pavelducati @ Jun 13 2014, 04:06 PM) *
I am very glad that it was useful for you.
It is absolutely unusual for me)

I will get Tremonti next week and continue training Tremonti solo.
Can I tune my McCarty with 11-54 strings in open D?
I am afraid that it is very hard for the guitar.

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 14 2014, 08:53 AM
There is 09-46 on the Tremonti guitar which I will take next week from my friend.

About chrods, I got it.
You can hear it on back track where I begin to explane solo.

I will post it next week.

How is your Tremonti?

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 15 2014, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Whoa dude! biggrin.gif I can't get enough of it! It sounds and plays amazing biggrin.gif

I thought I would have a big issue going from 24 frets to 22, but it was a very smooth transition! Check this out: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=52330

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 21 2014, 03:43 PM
Hi,Cosmin.
I am working....
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ztv877oqc5wiju/o...yes%20cover.m4a

It's just the first record.
I would like to experiment with amp settings(gain,bass and ect.)

I know there are many mistakes,I will correct
)))

It's McCarty. I put on 10-52 strings.
I gave back Trmonti to my friend.
I think Tremonti is different than McCarty.
By the way,
My Diezel is back in the ranks))) it was a safety fuse))and I am ready)

I thought, I need your drum track because you can play a little different.
I heard two versions of solo,the second version is a little longer.

I am training in a very slow temp as you said.
I am thinking about video.
I would like to record something interesting for you to show you place where I live)
I will do something, I have not yet invented.

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 21 2014, 06:01 PM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2014, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Hey there mate!

Not bad at all! You nailed all the parts here but I think you need a bit more practice with the song all in all in terms of timing. There are many places in which it sounds a bit rigid, so I recommend you to try and tune the other guitar a whole step higher than the tuning you are using now and then play along on the original recording in order to get the hand of things in terms of balance. The riff parts are ok, but the clean verse parts could use a bit of exercising as suggested above.

The solo needs to be slowed down a bit so that you can nail every note perfectly and also, please focus on nailing all the bends! biggrin.gif

I had the first gig with the Tremonti yesterday night, opening for one of our favorite bands on earth: Karnivool! biggrin.gif It was a dream come true!

I will share some footage as soon as I get my hands on it!

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 22 2014, 04:15 PM
I am very happy of you.
I always believe that if we want something by heart it will come true)

About my playing.
Bends are my Achilles heel, I think.
I will work on it.

I find out one thing.
It is too difficult to play a fast solo by original track, the original playing interferes.
I began to play counting by mind and not hearing back track, this way it makes me play better.
Also I play by metronome many many times.

One thought came to my mind-to try record a solo track by metronome and than input to the main track.

Well, my next attempt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k87iugnjybzlxis/o...20cover%201.m4a

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 22 2014, 04:18 PM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 23 2014, 01:47 PM
Instructor
Hehe, thank you very much man!! smile.gif

Now, this is a very important aspect of playing with other people in general: Learning to listen to the rest of the musical environment and not only to yourself. You need to understand and practice this concept, otherwise it will be VERY difficult to harmonize with third parties - it's something which you should do every day, if you ask me wink.gif

It will train your awareness and your ears tremendously!

The solo is a bit too fast and it needs cleaning up:

- practice slower with the metronome and be aware of timing and clean playing
- watch out for the pitches - the bends at the end of the solo are a bit out of place, so those should be taken care of first as they are the most problematic right now
- the tempo is a bit too high right now and you are missing out on a few notes, so please can you send me a version of the solo recorded against the metronome click at 60% of the original speed? smile.gif What say you?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jun 23 2014, 01:47 PM

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 24 2014, 06:35 PM
As you said.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/he1wl9pic0abaew/s...%20tremonti.m4a

It is really difficult)

I suppose that this solo should be played with wah effect?
So, I need wah pedal)

I returned to Moscow yesterday and took my friend Tremonti.
I compared it with my McCarty.
I think that Tremonti I like more))
It sounds more aggressive and power.

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 25 2014, 08:53 AM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2014, 09:00 AM
Instructor
Alright! This is exactly what I am talking about wink.gif It's a great thing you did this recording:

Good! This is the first step:

- 0:17 - please make sure that open string can be heard
- the lick finishing at 0:29 should be a little bit clearer - right now I can't hear every note clearly and that's the next point of focus smile.gif
- the next two licks should also be a little bit tighter - that is a matter of understanding the rhythmic subdivisions in the solo and the accents in the picking. Please listen to his version in order to become more aware of the accents he plays, as those are very important in order to make the licks flow.
- last but not least, the bends at the end need to be more in pitch

Please keep this tempo and focus on the suggestions above wink.gif Once you nail everything nicely, it will only be a matter of raising speed! Deal?

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 25 2014, 09:19 AM
Yes, I understood you)

We are going to my first right solo))

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 25 2014, 09:21 AM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 26 2014, 07:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (pavelducati @ Jun 25 2014, 08:19 AM) *
Yes, I understood you)

We are going to my first right solo))

You can pull this off man! But the main idea is to play it perfectly at a very slow speed biggrin.gif I'm with ya, so let's rock!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 26 2014, 08:07 AM
Yes, )) I remember "legato lesson"
It was like a miracle when my fingers became obedient.
))

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2014, 07:47 AM
Instructor
I am glad that you have that one under your belt, so that it will stay as a constant reminder of the fact that you CAN learn and play things, as long as you practice focused, slow and being aware of everything you do smile.gif Let's see the next take having as many details sorted out at slow tempo. Don't forget:

- clean playing
- correct pitches
- playing all the notes clearly
- good timing

If you keep these aspects in mind, you will surely move a step forward!

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 27 2014, 08:25 AM
Hi, Cosmin.

I don't remember if I talked about that it is the most difficult thing to play the guitar in my life.
But I want to do this very much)))
And this passion changed me and the world around me)

Sometimes it seems to me that I can leave my job and concentrate on music.
I know that it sounds crazy but who knows.
To leave Russia is a great dream of my family(my wife and me).
To open a music shop, studio and guitar school somewhere is not a bad idea)))
I began to find out how it can be possible)

Ok, it's just my dreams))

I will concentrate on these aspects
- clean playing
- correct pitches
- playing all the notes clearly
- good timing

and will show )))

And now I am just working)) https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghn13dte79xybl3/s...%2C%2018.20.m4a

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 27 2014, 03:23 PM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2014, 09:52 AM
Instructor
Wow - that sounds like an amazing dream mate and I do hope you will be able to make it happen one fine day!

I listened to the recording and all I can say for now is that you should keep pushing taking into account the things we revised regarding timing and clean playing and articulation - watch out for those bends at the end that he does on the 22nd fret - they need to be very firmly played! wink.gif I almost got it down myself and I will show you my version, hopefully tomorrow, at a slow speed, so stay tuned wink.gif

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 28 2014, 12:04 PM
Wow))))
I will be waiting.

It is a little difficult at 0:22 .
I can't explain it's like something changes.
May be it's because that figure changes a little but the count should be the same.
I remember the same thing happened with me in one of the exercises when I played scales.
I always played 3 notes on the sting a click of a metronome but when I should play 4 notes a click,
the problems came)) Because it was unusual.
I think this problem came back in this case))

And bends on 22-th fret. it's out of my understanding.
I hear that I play wrong but can't correct it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1g8fmcmkj29pynq/s...%2C%2018.42.m4a

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 28 2014, 03:44 PM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 29 2014, 12:24 PM
Instructor
I know exactly what you mean smile.gif He uses various rhythmic subdivisions which played at different moments in time against the beat can sound very strange for the ear, especially if it was never accustomed to playing with such elements. With the bend on the 22nd fret - you only need to push that one harder up and it will reach the intended pitch. Don't worry if you overdo it at first, you will hear if it's too much and you will actually fall on the other side and go over the pitch smile.gif

I think that things will be a bit more clear once you'll hear my version, so please bear with me until I get it done and in shape to send it to you wink.gif

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 29 2014, 12:55 PM
OK
wink.gif

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:31 PM