3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Recording From Home..., Question about the equipment..
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 6 2008, 12:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, I have just been playing and recording through my Boss GT6 through line in on the computer, using either cubase or audacity.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 6 2008, 05:08 PM
GMC:er
So POD it is then smile.gif

Thanks for your help guys smile.gif

Whats the average price for a POD?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 6 2008, 10:37 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I got my Podxt for £190.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 6 2008, 11:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 6 2008, 01:49 PM) *
Well, I have just been playing and recording through my Boss GT6 through line in on the computer, using either cubase or audacity.

If you like the effect from the GT6 I think you should definitely get a good soundcard, like EMU0404 or 1212m. Those cards have high quality converters for their price range and it my firm belief that you will benefit greatly if you buy one of them. POD is not an option here, because you already have a processor that is very good. Also 0404 or 1212m have latency ~10ms so you will have direct monitoring, and they have on board effects so they don't load the CPU.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jul 6 2008, 11:14 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 7 2008, 01:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
That's cool. I've got a fairly good computer (2.4Ghz Quadcore overclocked at 3.0Ghz, with 4gb ram, 750 gb...etc etc.) - top notch, really. The only thing lacking is a soundcard, so I think I'll go for that. You suggest the 1212m or 0404, then. I've also heard people speaking of the Creative fatal1ty - I think Pavel uses/used that one?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2008, 10:39 AM
Instructor
It depends of your needs. Fatal1ty series are created for a high end gamer system, more than audio production.

if you're planning to play a lot of games, and need a remote and 7.1 channels you buy Fatal1ty, if you're planning to have pristine sound quality in stereo and do audio production buy 1212m.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 7 2008, 11:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hehe, I'm gonna do a little of both, I geuss - but I can live with "worse" sound for games. The most important is a good sound for recording - that said, all is probably better than my onboard sound card. I'm going to town today to buy the 1212m, by the way! Hopefully I can figure out how to install it myself. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2008, 12:20 PM
Instructor
Great choice mate 1212m has more quality sound and lot better converters and S/N ratio. The card is superb.

PS I'm buying one very soon myself, so we can share experience! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 7 2008, 12:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Cool, man! Looking forward to having it! smile.gif Now I just have to get my butt into town - it's such a heat here, so I'm kinda not too fond of having to ride my bike and all tongue.gif I like it a little colder when I'm going somewhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2008, 12:36 PM
Instructor
I hear mate here is 33 degrees C unsure.gif

But when buying a new gear, specially a great sound card, I would go even on foot - running to the store biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 7 2008, 12:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
Good point. While I'm still here - I've never had a soundcard besides the onboard ones. How much of a difference will it make on sound quality?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2008, 01:08 PM
Instructor
It will make a huge difference. 1212m is a professional audio production system card with pristine stereo analog outs. If you have good quality speakers, the difference will be very very obvious.

PS in order to really make this card shine you will need to (eventually) buy some decent audio monitors. That way your sound will be a semi-professional grade one, just like in a studio.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 7 2008, 01:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
I bought some alright speakers some time back - not superb, but for about $120 or...about 90 euros or so. Of course that's nothing crazy. I actually have a set of VERY good speakers in the basement, but they're too big to fit anywhere... haha. Maybe I should hook them up and into my computer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2008, 01:32 PM
Instructor
What speakers are those mate, brand and model? Do you have an amplifier with those as well?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 7 2008, 01:36 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I have the 1212m and it is awesome!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2008, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Hehe biggrin.gif

Your blog and posts convinced me to buy the card Andrew, thanks for that. smile.gif

I like the fact that it has EDI link and that is a pristine quality one. Again thanks for all your words about the card. I will be buying it as soon as I sell my good ol' Toneport smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 7 2008, 03:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Those I have here now are just some "basic" logitech ones. I think the ones in my basement are B&O, though I'm not too sure. I don't think I have the room for them here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 7 2008, 08:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
Woah, man! What a difference! Especially in input quality.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 7 2008, 10:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 5 2008, 02:31 PM) *
Sounds cool man! Do you use ASIO4ALL, as well? If so, what are your buffer settings in that and how much latency do you experience? (I hear people saying you can get to about 2-3 ms with the right equipment - and for some reason my 12-13 ms still bothers me.)

sorry, I'm not using POD now and I cannot remember the latency. Anyway I never had troubles with it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 7 2008, 10:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Now with my new card I have 2ms latency! Yaaaaaaaaaay! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:09 PM