2 Pages V   1 2 >  
American Places
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 03:28 PM
GMC:er
I love watching shows like Prison Break as it shows much of America and I don't know whether these are actually the places they say they are. So first question. Are all the locations filmed in Prison Break especially during Season 2 actually where they say they are or not? Secondly America and the smaller parts look stunning in every state. I'd love to spend a year or two travelling in the not so busy parts of America and the bigger parts.

Where are your favourite places to go in America?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 4 2008, 03:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I was able to spend two summers traveling around the US in the 90's when I was racing mountain bikes. By far in my opinion, the most beautiful area is right here where I live in the northeast. The autumn season is absolutely stunning.

Like this here

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Nov 4 2008, 03:40 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 4 2008, 03:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
That pic is really beautiful:

The requested URL /_SuI9TjEXXaA/RR_eKg7hABI/AAAAAAAAAEU/Oi02-m7DHn0/Blue+Mountain+Lake+2006+032.jpg was not found on this server.

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 03:39 PM
Yeah that picture doesn't work biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 4 2008, 03:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Much better now, thanks.
That landscape reminds me of winter films where a family drives through such forests and suddenly Big Foot appears or something. biggrin.gif Luxembourg is pretty similiar except it is much smaller. Also a nice place to visit.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 4 2008, 03:49 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Some places I have been to and love:

Cape Cod - especially Provincetown, a really cool seaside town

Attached Image

San Fransisco and the golden gate bridge:

Attached Image

New England in General:

Attached Image

I was in DC last week - a very nicely laid out city:

Attached Image

I'm looking forward to seeing some more amazing places over here like the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone park etc.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 03:51 PM
All this is making me jealous sad.gif I want to travel round America and Japan more than anything smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 4 2008, 03:59 PM
The Dark Canuck
I'll have to look for some pics and scan as I don't have them on my computer but I absolutely love New England, especially Maine. Those states look gorgeous no matter what season but fall would be my favourite. The colors are so beautiful. I also really enjoyed the Black Hills in South Dakota. I spent 2 weeks there when I was a kid (I was in Sturgis for the bike rally smile.gif ) Amazing things to see, Mount Rushmore, The Wind and Jewel caves, Custer National Park etc. Very beautiful area.

rok

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 04:02 PM
Is Fall the same as Autumn for the English? So the months of September, October and November? I must admit I do love the look of New England. I would have moved to America a while ago if it wasn't for friends here. I couldn't leave my mates behind but I don't have a fulfilling life really. sad.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 4 2008, 04:12 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 4 2008, 12:02 PM) *
Is Fall the same as Autumn for the English? So the months of September, October and November? I must admit I do love the look of New England. I would have moved to America a while ago if it wasn't for friends here. I couldn't leave my mates behind but I don't have a fulfilling life really. sad.gif

Yes Fall = Autumn. I guess saying Fall is a North American thing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 4 2008, 04:15 PM
Yes, Fall is Autumn - there are very many more trees over here in New England than in the UK so you have a hell of a job raking your garden, but it is absolutely stunning at times.

In general, New England is the oldest most established part of the USA so it has a kind of lived in feel, but is not worn out. By contrast, a lot of places in the Midwest and West seem to me to feel a little unfinished as they are relatively new.

In a lot of ways, New England is like the UK with better weather and wider roads, oh and all the houses are made of wood which I find very attractive and more colourful than brick ... can you tell that I love New England ?? smile.gif

For the record, I love Old England too though!

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Nov 4 2008, 04:18 PM
Attached Image

Attached Image

I'm German but love the northeastern part of the US. Perhaps because it looks like the southern part of Germany where I'm from but it is more beautifull in New England. The big difference is that you can trek through the woods for days without running into anybody. Germany is too densely populated. Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine are just beautifull. It's a shame that I can't stay here forever. I'm really sad that I have to leave next May. Wonderfull country you have there guys. Take good care of it.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 4 2008, 04:25 PM
Yes, one advantage that the USA has is its lower population density and its more recent and less established urbanization - there is a lot more unspoiled countryside around than in some places in Europe - particularly the UK which is pretty densely populated. Even the farm land in the UK is more reminiscent of the MidWest - no trees, lots of fields, but the midwest is a lot flatter!

One thing I have never really seen anywhere else though is the soft rolling hills of the UK, places like Wiltshire - that to me is stunning (at least when the weather gets it together!):

Attached Image

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 4 2008, 04:31 PM
Andrew - if you like Cape Cod...you should spend a weekend in Rockport, MA. My wife grew up there and it is unbelievable! The nicest little town I have ever been in. All I want to do when I retire is move to Rockport and get a small lobster boat with about 10 traps...just enough to keep me busy!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 4 2008, 04:35 PM
Wow... those lakeside pictures make you cry its so beautiful........ Wow... I live @ holland, I want to move to Australian shore tho... but those pics Its Me... just wow.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 4 2008, 04:37 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Nov 4 2008, 10:31 AM) *
Andrew - if you like Cape Cod...you should spend a weekend in Rockport, MA. My wife grew up there and it is unbelievable! The nicest little town I have ever been in. All I want to do when I retire is move to Rockport and get a small lobster boat with about 10 traps...just enough to keep me busy!

Sounds cool - maybe I can persuade my wife to vacation there next year - we often go to Cape Cod or sometimes the Berkshires for a long weekend in the fall - in general I love MA and would like to see more of it, so your suggestion is appreciated!

About the lobster traps though - I'd suggest regular fishing - problem with lobster traps is that you may just actually catch some and that leads to work - far better to fish with no bait, much more relaxing smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 4 2008, 04:43 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 4 2008, 10:02 AM) *

I would not call Lawrence a vacation spot. However University towns are great places to live, usually about our size less than 100 thousand people. If you can find a way to live in one. Very liberal, very live and let live. You don't put pesticides or herbicides on your yard, people would look down on you. So you have a lot of weeds around town. But weeds are cool tool, weeds have to lives. Not one person has ever complained to me about my 8 cats in 10 years. People are not afraid to talk to each other, to strangers. And are very polite. Typical for University towns. You have to put up with 30,000 University students who are drunk half the time. But that is fine, they are what make the place the way it is.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 4 2008, 04:49 PM
I used to live in a university town in England with about 30,000 students living here and 15,000 other people so basically it would be similar I bet smile.gif I think I will move to America one day it's just when. I will probably go if my band splits and I fall out with my best mate but I will definitely spend at least a year in my life travelling America.

Does anybody know then if Prison Break is actually filmed in the locations that come up on screen?

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Nov 4 2008, 04:51 PM
Yes there are nice places all over the world. The great thing about America is that everything can be found in one country. High mountains, tropical beaches, vast open plains, the great woodlands in the northeast and a lot of nice cities.

Oh man I love Boston

Attached Image

But here are some pictures of the regions in southern Germany I grew up at or spend my summers climbing and trecking

problem is behind the next hill is always the next town

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 4 2008, 04:54 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 4 2008, 10:37 AM) *
Sounds cool - maybe I can persuade my wife to vacation there next year - we often go to Cape Cod or sometimes the Berkshires for a long weekend in the fall - in general I love MA and would like to see more of it, so your suggestion is appreciated!

About the lobster traps though - I'd suggest regular fishing - problem with lobster traps is that you may just actually catch some and that leads to work - far better to fish with no bait, much more relaxing smile.gif

If you do decide you go you should give me a shout...we go there quite often and we could meet up! Her parents still live there. From her bedroom window she had when she was a kid, you can see the ocean. It is an amazing place!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:59 AM