Gabriel Leopardi
post Oct 18 2019, 01:56 PM
Post #121

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 18 2019, 04:32 AM) *
...aaaand it's live! This one is so cool I decided to feature it on the official GMC Youtube:

Fantastic work guys!! ūüė≤ūüĎĆ

Awesome Kris!!! I’m so proud of this one guys!! I’ve enjoyed a lot doing this.

Thanks for joining! ūüėä

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 18 2019, 07:38 AM) *
Amazing ! Great great great Collab !

Again bad video for my 2 take - I uploaded a new files with stratocaster
I'm disappointed again - clic on spolier

Hi mate! I’m sorry. I replaced your audio takes but as you said that you were going to play the same takes again, I thought that you didn’t record new videos.

By the way audio and video sync looks great, and your telecaster is beautiful! Also, your playing is very tasty in this one. I like that extra harmonized phrase added.

Thanks for jamming with me! ūüėČ

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MisterM
post Oct 18 2019, 03:10 PM
Post #122

Accomplished Tone Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 20.608

Gab

Excuse me for being unpleasant ... it's hard not to express my feeling - I'm mad mad.gif
2nd catch is shifted.

My point of view : Upload on youtube too fast,
Already almost 400 views, I understand that you do not change anything.
Nothing can comfort me now.

The way is long and difficult, you know it. it is a definite demotivation for me to watch my performance
My dream is to become as good as you and every video is important to me especially on this kind of collab

On Kris's jam it's the same. It is very disappointing.
I worked to improve my take and it is the draft that is mixed with bad audio/video files.

I don’t know if I would participate again under these conditions.
I know it’s a lot of work on the mix, but the proposal to jam with you comes from you.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Oct 18 2019, 05:09 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Oct 18 2019, 04:38 PM
Post #123

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Wow!!! Awesome job guys, and especially to you Gab, what an amzing piece of work by everyone!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
LEO89PRIEST
post Oct 18 2019, 06:45 PM
Post #124

Member No.: 21.793

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 18 2019, 02:10 PM) *
Gab

Excuse me for being unpleasant ... it's hard not to express my feeling - I'm mad mad.gif
2nd catch is shifted.

The way is long and difficult, you know it. it is a definite demotivation for me to watch my performance
My dream is to become as good as you and every video is important to me especially on this kind of collab

I worked to improve my take and it is the draft that is mixed with bad audio/video files.

I know it’s a lot of work on the mix, but the proposal to jam with you comes from you.

Hey MisterM,

Dude, you are a great guitar player. I guess we all have the dream to become as good or even better than our instructors and it definitively takes time, patience and a lot of hard work.

I think that sometimes when we post a video we have the feeling that we could have done it a bit better. When a new collab starts you know that we want to participate ASAP, but my advice is: wait a little while until you feel that you really mastered the solo you created, you feel comfortable with your tone and everything and then proceed to record your take (audio and video) and post it in the forum, one final audio take (wet and dry) and one final video.

Please don't take me wrong, just think that if you post several audio and/or video files it would be really confusing for the instructors to know which one is the "final" one.

Keep challenging yourself for the collabs to come as you do but don't forget to enjoy the process

Regards,

Angel.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Oct 18 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #125

Member No.: 4.733

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 18 2019, 03:10 PM) *
Gab

That would be a shame , you had a great take, we guitar players are are worst enemies, if someone is listening to this critiquing every little flaw they have missed to point ( including ourselves )

+Quote Post
Phil66
post Oct 18 2019, 08:26 PM
Post #126

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 19.975

Absolutely brilliant Gab, thank you. I don't know if others agree but, with my take at least, I like how you use similar licks and show us how I could have taken it to another level with more skill, very inspiring.

Mr M, don't be mad, you takes are great, we're never satisfied with our own work, in future just be sure that you are at least a little bit happy and then and ONLY THEN, post your FINAL video and audio. These are all about enjoying the process and being inspired by everyone wink.gif

Thanks again Gab, I'm sure we all appreciate the time and effort you put in to do these cool.gif

--------------------
MY CURRENT REVISION FOLDER

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

‚ÄúSuccess is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.‚ÄĚ
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Madfish
post Oct 18 2019, 08:53 PM
Post #127

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 16.357

QUOTE (LEO89PRIEST @ Oct 18 2019, 05:45 PM) *
Keep challenging yourself for the collabs to come as you do but don't forget to enjoy the process

That is exactly my thought. The journey is what makes you a better player, not the final mix. That's just a nice bonus. I'd still participate in these collabs even if my takes were to be dumped completely.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Oct 18 2019, 08:54 PM
Post #128

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Dude sad.gif I watched the video and enjoyed it quite a bit. I didn't really notice anything wrong. Most folks watch a vid like this and don't get to kinked up about the minutia of it, they just want to hear some good music played well. As an instrumental track, this is just great IMHO. It's very listenable and enjoyable, and that's really the important thing for the viewer. They just want it to be good and it is good. I get that you want it to be perfect, but sadly, things are rarely perfect, but this video is honest to God quite good. I had no idea there were any issues at all until I read your email detailing it. If you wouldn't have said anything, I'd never have noticed and enjoyed it just the same. Please know that your playing on here is very good and you are improving every time I see you play. It's hard to not want everything to be spot on when one works hard, but whe the end result is as good as this, I don't think it's worth complaining. It's a win, take the victory lap smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 18 2019, 10:10 AM) *
Gab

2nd catch is shifted.

+Quote Post
DeGroot
post Yesterday, 12:31 AM
Post #129

Experienced Guitar Hero

Member No.: 14.899

Sounds great! smile.gif Everyone truly did a very nice job. Proud to be a part of this one. So many nice melodic ideas and moments I enjoyed. Love the Adam/Gab arrangement. Reminds me of Marty Friedman- Introduction or Scenes in some ways.

I must applaud Sr. Leopardi for putting this all together. I can't imagine the amount of work you put into this. You compliment the takes so good and your tone is just AMAZING. Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Yesterday, 04:34 AM
Post #130

Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Well said!! Putting something like this together is very very challenging and very very time consuming. Gab you RAWK!!!!

Todd
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 18 2019, 07:31 PM) *
Sounds great! smile.gif Everyone truly did a very nice job. Proud to be a part of this one. So many nice melodic ideas and moments I enjoyed. Love the Adam/Gab arrangement. Reminds me of Marty Friedman- Introduction or Scenes in some ways.

I must applaud Sr. Leopardi for putting this all together. I can't imagine the amount of work you put into this. You compliment the takes so good and your tone is just AMAZING. Thank you!

+Quote Post
MisterM
post Yesterday, 07:21 AM
Post #131

Accomplished Tone Master

Member No.: 20.608

Hi Thanks for your support, 

I still apologize for breaking the atmosphere on this forum. 
You did a great job, the problem comes from me

Guitar is a very serious thing for me. 
A passion, a need - Sometimes I take things with too much emotion.

when I was 12, I learned guitar alone. I stopped at 18 because I did not have anyone to guide me.
When I turned 40, I discovered GMC and the light came on again.
Today I know that the road will be long, but it is traced.

On the mentor thread, Gab always asks me more and I appreciate the 
approach, because it makes me progress.. 
On this collab, I try to give the best as he teaches me. 
Why the details don't matter anymore, I don't understand ?

Hi Angel 
I agree on the principle. 
Now I'll upload the final video. 
I don’t work much improvisation and when I build sentences I like them to be successful.

Hi jstcrsrs 
Some people start the backingtrack and play one shot. 
This gives a real spontaneity and I understand that they do not seek
to correct small errors. My way of doing it is different, 
I prefer to work as I do on lessons, because that’s why I signed up for GMC 

Hi Phill66 
I agree with you, that’s what I answered to Angel, the principle of 
this new "call/response collab" is absolutely inspiring and great, 
I’d love to see my final take in this collab, but it will serve 
me as a lesson for the futur.

Hi Madfish 
yes, collabs are a bonus - however I only participate if I feel an inspiration. 
I recorded some of them that I never posted online. 

Hi Todd 
I watch the instructor videos and I’m always amazed.
I’m a perfectionistand and I would like to reach this level.
I try to get the best every time - It’s in my character, I can’t change. 
It is a quality but also a defect - I know it.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Yesterday, 07:42 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Yesterday, 04:53 PM
Post #132

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (MisterM @ Oct 18 2019, 11:10 AM) *
Gab

2nd catch is shifted.

Hi mate! I'm so sorry of reading this. I honestly watched the final video once I finished mixing and editing it and I didn't notice anything wrong. All takes are beautiful and I love seeing us jamming together.

We always try our best but sometimes we fail. Please remember that the main goal of these collabs is to have fun and practice improvisation and that's what we did here!

MisterM, I apologize for this error.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Post #133

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 5.298

I thought the take in the final mix was wonderful, MisterM smile.gif One of my favorites!

--------------------
For some prog metal made by yours truly, check out:

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/storm-linnebjerg-a-celestial-voyage-full-demo

And subscribe to my Youtube Channel and Instagram here! and here!
...and my Twitch:HERE!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 01:22 AM