Wha Pedal., Instrument
Frank
Mar 13 2009, 10:54 AM
GMC:er
I need help with the distortion and Wha pedal set up. What is the best way to hook both of them on on line to the amp. The Wha first or the distortion first? Eder way i hook up both ,don't sound like the distortion by hem self.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 13 2009, 11:51 AM
Guitar>Distortion>Wah>Amp.

QUOTE (Frank @ Mar 13 2009, 09:54 AM) *
Eder way i hook up both ,don't sound like the distortion by hem self.

I know it may sound stupid, but are you making sure that the Wah is turned Off when you aren't using it? Most Wah Pedals will have a 'Click Switch' at the Top of the Pedal Movement to turn the unit On or Off!
smile.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Mar 13 2009, 11:51 AM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 13 2009, 12:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I think the standard is Guitar>Wah>Distortion and many have it that way..But its not a general rule so you need to hook it both ways and see which one you like better.

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Mar 13 2009, 12:27 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 13 2009, 12:21 PM
Instructor
I use it Guitar - Wah - Distortion as Bogdan said. I tried to put my wah the last in the fx chain and it sounded awful.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Frank
Mar 13 2009, 06:21 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 13 2009, 03:21 AM) *
I use it Guitar - Wah - Distortion as Bogdan said. I tried to put my wah the last in the fx chain and it sounded awful.

Emir do you live both the wha and the distortion on all the time, when you are playing a song when you have to use the wha?

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Mar 13 2009, 06:57 PM
I think this is a personal choice, some people use it both ways. I think wah first is more common, but just off the top of my head, I know Carlos Santana puts a Tubescreamer before his wah.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 14 2009, 03:08 AM
Instructor
Depends on what you play Frank, you can use any combination of effects that is adequate for the song you're playing. When you have to press both distortion pedal and wah at the same time, it is better to step on the distortion first and then turn on the wah. Some guys, like Clapton or Hendrix, played a lot of their stuff with wah just turned on and left on the middle position - to color their sound.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:49 AM