What Picks Do You Recommend, picks
Osedmen
Jan 22 2015, 02:24 AM
GMC:er

Hi gmc´s

Today i want to ask you about what kind of picks do you recommend for this styles....

DEATH METAL

ACOUSTIC GUITAR RYTHMS

SHRED

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
.:: Colombian fingerstyle guitar player ::.

.:: Now available on iTunes - Spotify - Amazon - Deezer - rhapsody and more ! ::.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lone-spirit/id1057969440

https://open.spotify.com/album/2SALF0jTOJgZD57nl3A4QO

.:: Did you watch my first videoclip? ::.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IClzXkQI8E
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 22 2015, 09:29 AM
Learning Roadie
For acoustic guitar, I've been using the same genuine tortoise shell mandolin pick for the last 10+ years, I guard it with my life, they are not easily obtained legally.

For shred, even though that is above my level of playing I would recommend the V-Pick Stiletto or try one of von Hotch's picks if you get on with aluminium picks

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 22 2015, 02:18 PM
Learning Chord Basher
For acoustic I use 0.7 mm Tortex (yellow ones) I think they are great.
For electric I'd say go for either some V-Picks or Von Hotch. I have tried both V- Picks and Von Hotch. Out of the 5 V-Picks I have tried I liked the Switchblade most, and I have tried two Von Hotch picks and I definitely having a blast playing with the 3.2 mm Octavius biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2015, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I wouldn't talk about type of picks, I would talk about the thickness. This is what I use:

DEATH METAL: 1.0 mm or 1.5 mm

ACOUSTIC GUITAR RHYTHMS: 0,7 mm

SHRED: 1.5 mm

About brands, I have my von hotch model when I want a brighter tone, and also dunlop picks.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2015, 11:51 PM
Hey there!! For METAL of all kinds I'd say VONHOTCH PICKS!!! They are hand made by GMCer VONHOTCH!! Here is a thread about them smile.gif

They are made from Aluminum so even the thin ones don't "flex" or bend. This is great for playing fast.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...=53433&st=0

QUOTE (Osedmen @ Jan 21 2015, 09:24 PM) *
Hi gmc´s

Today i want to ask you about what kind of picks do you recommend for this styles....

DEATH METAL

ACOUSTIC GUITAR RYTHMS

SHRED

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 22 2015, 11:52 PM

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jan 23 2015, 12:52 AM
it's ironic when you think about ...wether we play cheap or very expensive guitars ,we always need that little thing to pick smile.gif

I must check out those Vonhotch pick after all the nice reviews i read about it.
For acoustic i tend to use the flexible ones ....but not to flexible cause too much flex takes the magic out of the acoustic.

i always use heavier ones for shred but then again, i recently found out if you angle a pick with a little flex it's almost the same as a heavy pick.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2015, 06:16 AM
I can't speak highly enough about the VONHOTCH picks. Ever since getting the first one, I've LOVED them. I still rotate through other picks but I keep going back to the VON smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Bossie @ Jan 22 2015, 07:52 PM) *
it's ironic when you think about ...wether we play cheap or very expensive guitars ,we always need that little thing to pick smile.gif

I must check out those Vonhotch pick after all the nice reviews i read about it.
For acoustic i tend to use the flexible ones ....but not to flexible cause too much flex takes the magic out of the acoustic.

i always use heavier ones for shred but then again, i recently found out if you angle a pick with a little flex it's almost the same as a heavy pick.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 10 2015, 09:58 AM
Instructor
In my case all 3 style vary between 0,73 - 0,88 picks - nylon or tortex smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:37 PM