21 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Your Favourite Football Team
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 22 2008, 08:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Duncan @ Jul 22 2008, 06:58 PM) *
Man the bitching that's going on at the moment between clubs is pathetic. Chelsea should just be banned from buying players. Ronaldo should leave the ungrateful little boy. If Berbatov has any aspirations he should move to Man Utd. I've heard reports of spurs fans slagging off Keane because he may be leaving. They should be shot.

Then everything will be sorted.

This will make the Berbatov case clear. From Daniel Levy, Chairman at Spurs:

There has been substantial speculation in respect of the futures of Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane, including press comment from both Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez. In response our Chairman, Daniel Levy has made the following statement:

"Today's public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players. It is also probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date and is unbelievably hypocritical given his recent comments in respect of Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid.

"This comes after a series of events, dating back to last summer, which have shown Manchester United to be in breach of Premier League (PL) rules. As a result, we have today made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Manchester United. Benitez made similar comments in respect of Robbie recently and we made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Liverpool earlier this week.

"The behaviour of both clubs has been disgraceful. We told both clubs very early on that we had no interest in selling Robbie or Dimitar, respectively, and that they should refrain from pursuing the player. Both clubs arrogantly chose to ignore this request and we now have evidence that both clubs have systematically been working to prise the players away from us, outside of PL rules of conduct.

"Our subsequent position has been severely compromised by both clubs making their intentions widely known and indeed making contact with the players and their agents, without the Club's permission.

"I have absolutely no wish to sell either player and to date we have not accepted any offer for either. However, when a player's head is turned and their commitment is absent, particularly when they occupy key positions such as that of striker, they become a negative influence in a team dressing room in which they were once a positive addition and influence. This is the situation we now have on our hands, with both Dimitar and Robbie having made it clear that they wish to leave for Manchester Utd and Liverpool respectively.

"Irrespective of the outcome and futures of Robbie and Dimitar, we are continuing to seek to bring in quality, talented players for the future, who want to play in a Spurs shirt."

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sigma7
Jul 22 2008, 08:33 PM
GMC:er
If this about Football, then my favorite Team is the New England Patriots. They almost went undefeated until the superbowl. Biggest upset in sports history if u ask me. But if this is about Futbol, then I dont know. I dont watch it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jul 23 2008, 12:14 AM
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Jul 22 2008, 08:33 PM) *
If this about Football, then my favorite Team is the New England Patriots. They almost went undefeated until the superbowl. Biggest upset in sports history if u ask me. But if this is about Futbol, then I dont know. I dont watch it.

American football is not football.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 10 2008, 04:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Friendly only but we're tearing Roma apart. 3-0 after 45 min.

5-0 now. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Aug 10 2008, 03:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilis
Aug 10 2008, 11:14 PM
PANATHINAIKOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-VlfEIbhc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwAdzdFqUFM...feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt-lvpkOBGE...feature=related

and second best Arsenal

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 11 2008, 02:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
Feel sorry for the City fans:

from one of their forums via the Spurs List / FTL...

"I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive. He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June). Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control. The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow. Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he wilol have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will. I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk. I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now."

--------------------

+Quote Post
bubbalicious
Aug 11 2008, 01:24 PM
not a big football fan prefare rugby myself but manu

--------------------
my gear;

guitars:epiphone x-ploror
epiphone sg special (hopeing to remake it)
caliber strat copie
oakman acoustic
amps:mega 15 watt(crap)
line 6 spider 2 30 watt
pedals:zoom pedal board
line6 fx switcher
recording:line 6 toneport gx

check out my practice agenda

+Quote Post
FrankW
Aug 12 2008, 05:41 AM
My favorite football team is the Carolina Panthers.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Aug 14 2008, 01:38 AM
Massive laughs at the Liverpool performance tonight. Keep it up for the season guys!

Is it your year this year?

+Quote Post
Duncan
Aug 16 2008, 11:06 PM
I'm so glad the Premiership is back again.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Aug 19 2008, 09:51 AM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Aug 16 2008, 11:06 PM) *
I'm so glad the Premiership is back again.

Yeah. It's great to have it back. And to start with a win for the first time in 8 years felt great. We played really well and we should have been winners 3-1 if it wasn't for a silly decision to disallow a goal. We have Liverpool away next and I fancy our chances with how they are currently playing. We played with 3 strikers on Saturday and it really worked. I loved the more attacking football. Bring on Liverpool smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Duncan
Aug 23 2008, 11:40 PM
Unlucky today Organised.

Some great results though.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 24 2008, 02:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
... tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan
Aug 24 2008, 09:37 PM
I know the season has started but does anyone fancy doing a fantasy league with me?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 1 2008, 11:17 AM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Aug 24 2008, 09:37 PM) *
I know the season has started but does anyone fancy doing a fantasy league with me?

I'm awful at fantasy football lol but it's usually because I pick Boro players smile.gif Anyway we are 6th at the minute which suits me fine. 6 points and it could have been 9 if we didn't score an own goal and let in a 94th minute goal against Liverpool sad.gif But I can't complain. Bring on Portsmouth. I think we can see a top 10 finish this season smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Sep 1 2008, 11:45 AM
Instructor
Manchester United!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 1 2008, 01:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
I was interested in football when I was younger, but since my hometeam has been among the bottom 3 each year a looong while now, I've lost interest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soolas
Sep 1 2008, 06:44 PM
I'am also a fan of Manchester United smile.gif and the Polish Club Wisla Krakow

--------------------
Guitar: Mayones Setius Pro Lizard, Epiphone G-400
Amp: VOX AD30VT-XL

my english is not the best!!! ;-)

+Quote Post
Duncan
Sep 1 2008, 07:45 PM
The transfer market is crazy. What the hell is wrong with people?!

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 1 2008, 07:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Duncan @ Sep 1 2008, 08:45 PM) *
The transfer market is crazy. What the hell is wrong with people?!

Football is very international now tongue.gif
Half of the coaches here in Norway are Swedish, and alot of the players on my hometeam are from Sweden, Iceland or some African country.
I don't mind it though, since they all play kickass.. Or atleast for 15 minutes before they loose interest and just slouches around for the rest of the game...

--------------------

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:30 PM