2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Your First Rock/metal Song?, which brought you to listening to this music.
utak3r
Jan 28 2009, 10:50 AM
GMC:er
What was your first song or artist which led you to listening to rock/metal?....

For me it was "Metal heart" of Accept, I've heard it as a child, although I didn't know the title nor the band name.... searching for this I've found Metallica, King Diamond, Kreator, Scorpions and so on - and I was in cool.gif
Few years later I've found this Accept thing - you better listen to them, especially their gigs, they're for sure the best gig band at all, they're better at the stage than at studio! ohmy.gif

That was 80's.... biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scorpiotic
Jan 28 2009, 11:03 AM
AC/DC - You shook me all night long

We were having a project in music in 8th grade, about any band of our choice, and a couple of friends of mine chose AC/DC. Of course, they were to give some sample of some music, and this one was their choice. Dont know if it was the first I ever heard (think I heard Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi once as a kid xD ) but it was definately the one who got me listening to rock, which later also led my way to metal tongue.gif

Awesome song too ^^, cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Scorpiotic

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 28 2009, 11:05 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
When I was only a few years my father bought me an LP of Europe - Final Countown biggrin.gif
I loved it, and used to crawl/semi-walk around smiling and doing some silly baby-dance to it laugh.gif

And when I was about 5 years old, my stefather always put on Raise Your Fist And Yell by Alice Cooper smile.gif
I loved that as well, and have listened to both bands ever since smile.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 28 2009, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Hammerfall-Templars of steel....

When iheard this song i decided to look for more songs and i fell in love with them

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 28 2009, 11:11 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I liked songs like "Final Countdown" / "We will rock You" etc. from when I was a kid. But the first band that I listened seriously was Metallica, and the song that "took over" my mind was Memory Remains ( the parts with the old lady making voices:P ). That is at least what I remember:/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 28 2009, 11:16 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
hmm tough question, I got into metal around the age of 12, my brother is 4 years older than me and his favourite stuff at that time was Black Sabbath which was constantly pumping out of his room, I guess I got into from there, the two songs that stick in my mind from back then are "Mob Rules" and "Iron Man" pretty much after that I got into the NWOBHM with bands like Saxon, Maiden, Samson etc

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Jan 28 2009, 11:25 AM
I got into metal in 8th grade when i first listened to a couple rammstein songs. I think the songs were Moskau and Feuer Frei.

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Jan 28 2009, 11:36 AM
Metallicas Reload album (which I bought for my brother tongue.gif when he turned 8, I was 10) after that it was the whole nu-metal stuff with taproot, limp, linkin park and p roach. Even before metallica it was probably Led Zep. I can remember me and dad listening to them when I was 4 or so..

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 28 2009, 11:42 AM
Instructor
Metallica - Seek and Destroy
Iron Maiden - Caught Somewhere in Time

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 28 2009, 11:55 AM

I want to share this very mistery with you...

One of my friends decided to buy a Queen album at 1991. At that time, quality of casettes you could buy from the local store was highly variable as there werent any standarts written on stone. So he bought that cassette, and he didnt like it, so he decided to give it to me. I listened to it, suddently I was amazed with the futuristic sound, screaming vocals and melodies. I decided to take it, so suddently I realised it wasnt a Queen album but Somewhere in Time from Iron Maiden. Distribution company had made a mistake! They put a iron maiden band inside a Queen cover! And after listening a 1000 times to Caught Somewhere in Time nothing was same. Although I was only 9, that album became virtually all my life. After that 10 years old me went to our local Metal Cave by myself and bought Iron Maiden-Fear of the Dark album. And all this started that way!

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 28 2009, 12:23 PM
There were soo many....

gotta be metallica - whiplash
and VH- eruption

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 28 2009, 12:27 PM
For me it was a Megadeth song from the Friedman-era... but i'm not sure which mellow.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Shred Kid
Jan 28 2009, 12:31 PM
Well when I was 10 I heard All the Small Things by Blink 182 on the Radio. That made me fall in love with Blink 182 and I decided I wanted to play guitar. Then my first guitar teacher got me learning stuff like wipeout and khe sahn by cold chisel. But the first rock/metal song he gave me i really listened to was Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, and then I was hooked smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Jan 28 2009, 12:34 PM
I hate most punk rock now, and especially Anti-Flag - but the song that got me into rock was "Seattle was a Riot" by Anti-Flag. I was very young and even more stupid.

If you really did mean metal, I'm actually not sure. I'm not a huge metal head but I've always really appreciated 'Paranoid'.

This post has been edited by Pavlov: Jan 28 2009, 12:35 PM

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 28 2009, 12:35 PM
gotta have this song in here, even if it wasnt my first it was a big influence..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 28 2009, 12:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 28 2009, 11:55 AM) *

I want to share this very mistery with you...

One of my friends decided to buy a Queen album at 1991. At that time, quality of casettes you could buy from the local store was highly variable as there werent any standarts written on stone. So he bought that cassette, and he didnt like it, so he decided to give it to me. I listened to it, suddently I was amazed with the futuristic sound, screaming vocals and melodies. I decided to take it, so suddently I realised it wasnt a Queen album but Somewhere in Time from Iron Maiden. Distribution company had made a mistake! They put a iron maiden band inside a Queen cover! And after listening a 1000 times to Caught Somewhere in Time nothing was same. Although I was only 9, that album became virtually all my life. After that 10 years old me went to our local Metal Cave by myself and bought Iron Maiden-Fear of the Dark album. And all this started that way!

Cheers smile.gif

Cool story ... a shame though as Queen is absolutely awesome (at least in my opinion tongue.gif).

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 28 2009, 12:55 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 28 2009, 10:16 AM) *
hmm tough question, I got into metal around the age of 12, my brother is 4 years older than me and his favourite stuff at that time was Black Sabbath which was constantly pumping out of his room, I guess I got into from there, the two songs that stick in my mind from back then are "Mob Rules" and "Iron Man" pretty much after that I got into the NWOBHM with bands like Saxon, Maiden, Samson etc

Sounds like a familiar story!!!
Although it was friends and their elder Brothers and Sisters that I heard!!
My older Brother was more into Experimental Electronica at that time! (Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, John Foxx, Shriekback etc!!)

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 28 2009, 12:56 PM
Nirvana - Bleach and Judas Priest - Painkiller.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 28 2009, 02:12 PM
Judas Priest - "Grinder"

From the British Steel album.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 28 2009, 02:14 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well with my parents I grew up around Led Zepellin, Rush, Deep Purple etc. But my first real metal song was probably War Pigs by Black Sabbath or For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica, From there it was all downhill smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:33 PM