My New Razer Deathadder
Ayen
Jan 22 2008, 08:16 AM
GMC:er
I was replacing the batteries in my Logitech MX 610 for the 10th time, and I just snapped. I could not take this mouse anymore. Not only did it go through batteries like a Lohan through beer, it had the most annoying buttons right next to the left click button that I always accidentally hit. While some of these buttons were helpful, the most annoying, and easiest one to hit was the Mail button. This button wasn't rebindable, so it had no gaming purpose. It also messed me up a lot, as sometimes I would be playing Counter-Strike, and I'd hit that button.It would alt tab me out and check my email. Also, this mouse was supposed to have blinking LEDs when you got an E-mail or Instant message. It did not deliver. This mouse wasn't for me. I took out my hammer, gave it a goodbye salute, and sent it where it belonged, Hell.

So I went out to Best Buy and saw this beauty staring at me.

I took it off the shelf and bought it straight away, and I am stunned. First off, this mouse is the coolest looking piece of hardware ever. The scroll bar lights up, and the logo pulsates, but I didn't pay sixty-five dollars for shiny lights. This mouse operates so much faster than my last one. This really makes a difference when you're in an intense firefight and need precise accuracy and instant response. No more dying for me smile.gif.

Just thought I'd share.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Evi
Jan 23 2008, 04:40 AM
Just hope that nothing goes wrong with it. Razer's customer support is terrible.

I've owned/used some Razer mice, and they were all generally high-quality, but they all started having problems within six months and every time it was a big long feud with their so-called "support team" to even get them to let me send it back. Once they even sent me back the wrong item! If you're going to use a Razer mouse, be sure to keep a decent spare on hand, unless you want to run the risk of being weeks, if not months, without a working mouse.

Not trying to put down your purchase or anything, just giving you a warning so you don't make the same mistakes I made.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ayen
Jan 23 2008, 08:29 AM
Damn, I'd heard about their not-so-great customer support, was hoping that was just a few people though. Thanks for the reply!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 23 2008, 08:43 AM
Get to da Chopper!
That mouse seems awesome- my brother just bought me a mouse for christmas so i'll not replace it yet though (his feelings might get hurt)
Thanks for sharing looks tidy smile.gif

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jan 23 2008, 08:53 AM
I have had this exact mouse for about a year and a half, no problems yet. Best mouse I've ever owned.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 24 2008, 09:48 PM
the mouse looks amazing... 65$ ohmy.gif holy.... biggrin.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 24 2008, 11:09 PM
And heres me thinking that a 'Razer Deathadder' was some cool new guitar built soley for the purpose of death metal.

This topic was a dissapointment tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 25 2008, 10:26 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Jan 24 2008, 11:09 PM) *
And heres me thinking that a 'Razer Deathadder' was some cool new guitar built soley for the purpose of death metal.

This topic was a dissapointment tongue.gif

+1 biggrin.gif
Should have known though since I have two of the original Boomslangs myself.

/edit: Oh how I suck at posting

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Jan 25 2008, 10:27 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 27 2008, 09:18 PM
Instructor
I still use my Logitech MX518, it's worked great for years! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:27 PM