A Little Srv...
Brandon Earman
Aug 10 2011, 01:24 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC.. it's been awhile since I've posted here.. Been busy with work. Anyways I am looking to join my first and only band of any genre this fall semester at college. So I want to put together a little demo to present to bands needing a guitarist.

Here's something I might put on the demo - I'd like some GMC input/criticism. Thanks and hope you enjoy biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 10 2011, 01:46 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Brandon Earman @ Aug 10 2011, 01:24 AM) *
Hey GMC.. it's been awhile since I've posted here.. Been busy with work. Anyways I am looking to join my first and only band of any genre this fall semester at college. So I want to put together a little demo to present to bands needing a guitarist.

Here's something I might put on the demo - I'd like some GMC input/criticism. Thanks and hope you enjoy biggrin.gif

if you were to put a critical ear to -minor timing in some rythm's- might just be your guitar was to loud to get above the track
other than that , I thought it rocked
leads ,bends ,vibrato , to me had his attitude-- great job

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Aug 10 2011, 02:09 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 9 2011, 07:46 PM) *
if you were to put a critical ear to -minor timing in some rythm's- might just be your guitar was to loud to get above the track

Thanks man. About my timing: every time I record with Reaper, it records "dry" without my Guitar Rig 4. When I click on FX and add GR4 as a VST, it makes my guitar track slightly behind (late). So I have to slide the guitar track forward a millisecond or so to get it back on track.

Sometimes it doesn't line up perfectly though (that might be slightly noticeable here). Any ideas?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JD_
Aug 10 2011, 02:38 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey mate, I liked it...sounds pretty authentic. And sometimes Stevie was just behind the timings in his own band...givesw it the real bluesy sound. Good luck in joining a band mate, Cheers

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 10 2011, 04:38 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Great job Brandon, you definitely got the SRV swing going. For the lead parts you many want to try to get more aggression in the bends and in the vibrato to really nail the SRV lead playing style. By the way, are those the stock American Standard pickups?

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 10 2011, 04:55 AM
Instructor
brandon dude, very very nice, i love the thone of that position, is it the 2nd or the 4th? i love it.

you have a great rythm hand, but in the solo it is so stiff, keep moving it, attack the strings don't pick the strings, you got it dude.

also on the open strings part on the solo, when it goes to the 7fret you have to make clear triplets, dont be afraid and get out the tempo there.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Aug 10 2011, 01:26 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 9 2011, 10:38 PM) *
By the way, are those the stock American Standard pickups?

Stock American Standard pickups I guess.. I'm not 100% on what pickups are in it, but it's an '08 US Strat unmodified.

QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 9 2011, 10:55 PM) *
brandon dude, very very nice, i love the thone of that position, is it the 2nd or the 4th? i love it.

I believe I had it on the 3rd (middle) position. The neck pickup was too bassy and muddy on the rhythm playing so I brightened it up a bit. I meant to switch to neck pickups for solos but I didn't.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll work on what everyone's mentioned. I will try to post a retake here in a week or two after I practice more.

This post has been edited by Brandon Earman: Aug 10 2011, 01:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 10 2011, 05:26 PM
Instructor
In this video you show that you can play this style really good. You let them know about your rhythm abilities, and the quality of you blues/rock style soloing. I think that it's very good for an audition. As we know that it's always possible to improve things I just can say that it would be cool if you play this even with more aggressively... remember how SRV used to punish his axe... smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JD_
Aug 10 2011, 05:35 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 10 2011, 04:26 PM) *
remember how SRV used to punish his axe... smile.gif

O so true....

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Aug 10 2011, 06:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Liked it

Nice work

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:49 PM