Help Writing Rhythm Riffs For Metal
gnarkill
Oct 20 2016, 05:22 PM
GMC:er
I have been around music most of my life. I took Piano Lessons when I was 8, I played the trumpet when I was 11, and then picked up bass around 14, and guitar around 16. I was classically trained with piano and trumpet, but guitar I just taught myself. I have been off and on until 3-4 years ago I became very serious with guitar. I have accumulated some good guitars, some good amps and many good pedals. I consider myself to be in the upper tier of intermediate. I can play well, but my weakness is in my writing.

So that is what I am here for. For me, writing solos is pretty easy. I just solo in the mode that the song is in. It makes perfect sense, and I know there is more to it, but for now... this part is pretty clear. The problem I am having... RHYTHM RIFFS are killing me. All I really do is very very basic stuff. Guitar is in drop C, and I power chord my riffs. Boom... thats it. But I would really like to learn how to construct some riffs, and learn why they work.

I have an issue when I google search for this info. I have seen countless videos, and its not giving me the info I want.

So, for a discussion, lets use C Phrygian. Teach me! Haha. Seriously, I dont know even where to begin. I will have lots of questions!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:19 AM