Rehearsal Rooms
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2012, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Guys, i have managed to pull a very nice stunt - getting Aria and Voodoo as a united team, to work on projects together. This includes sharing the same rehearsal space.

Because of this, we have started a little research and found a spot in a specially arranged place, where other bands are rehearsing. It has 30 square meters and we are getting it for 8 euros/ square meter a month. This is roughly 240 euros/ month split to 8 people, which is amazingly convenient.

It has all the necessary conditions, like heating, aer-conditioning, it's guarded and the access is based on a member card.

Now, we will move on the 15th of August and our primary goal here is to create the proper rehearsing conditions in a place that momentarily looks like in the pictures you can see below - Chris (Voodoo's drummer) and Dan (Guitarist in Aria) are in the pics.

Let's share pics of the rehearsal rooms you guys are using! I'm curious and looking for inspiration smile.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Aug 4 2012, 03:17 PM
GMC:er
We have our rehearsals in a room called " the noisetent " It was a former mushroom nursery but with the help of some local bands they have turned in into a large and a small room. The small room has better sounds, but the large room has zero to no annoying feedback.

Small Room

Large Room

We have to pay for blocks of 3 hours, It is 12,50 euros. We rehearse every 2 weeks. so it is 25 a month split by 5 people is about 5 euros for everyone. which is not much, another positive feature is that the mcdonalds is next to it so after some hard rocking, We can eat some hamburgers.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2012, 04:18 PM
Instructor
It's very cheap, but you also rehearse little time. We usually rehearse about 2 times a week with Voodoo and about 2 times a week with Aria - now we are in the studio so, we haven't been rehearsing since March - so for us, having a rehearsal room which is only ours and always ready, is an absolute must.

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Aug 4 2012, 05:12 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 4 2012, 03:18 PM) *
It's very cheap, but you also rehearse little time. We usually rehearse about 2 times a week with Voodoo and about 2 times a week with Aria - now we are in the studio so, we haven't been rehearsing since March - so for us, having a rehearsal room which is only ours and always ready, is an absolute must.

yes well thats for now, because I am going to study game architecture in Breda. I am going to live there, it is about 200km away and I don't have every weekend free. But we also have our time jamming at our houses.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 5 2012, 02:05 PM
Instructor
True, but well, I have figured out the fact that rehearsing constantly and pretty often, creates a certain musical bond between band mates, so I think that if we can all afford it time and money wise, it's a great thing to do smile.gif

I can't wait to move in the new place - tomorrow we're signing the contract!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 5 2012, 04:38 PM
Instructor
That place looks great Cosmin.. although it's gonna be SO loud due the room being quite small, although that's to be expected.. and you guys are used to that smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Aug 5 2012, 04:39 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 6 2012, 10:09 AM
Instructor
I know man.... I know...and Voodoo's drummer is REALLY loud laugh.gif But let's not forget the fact that this is the small room which you see in the pics. The one we are getting is A BIT larger (this one has 23 sq meters and the one we are getting is 30 sq meters) and it's already soundproof wink.gif

It will still be loud though - so, earplugs will be needed for certain.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 6 2012, 11:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 6 2012, 10:09 AM) *
It will still be loud though - so, earplugs will be needed for certain.

Hell yeah.. I'd never ever practise now without earplugs.. I just can't do it to myself ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 6 2012, 09:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 6 2012, 10:36 AM) *
Hell yeah.. I'd never ever practise now without earplugs.. I just can't do it to myself ! smile.gif

I usually don't hit the volume that hard when practicing - I plug the AMT in the PC and jam like that. I guess you're cranking it up, right? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 7 2012, 08:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 6 2012, 09:36 PM) *
I usually don't hit the volume that hard when practicing - I plug the AMT in the PC and jam like that. I guess you're cranking it up, right? biggrin.gif

Yeah, it's the only option I got.. but I don't mind smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:47 AM