2 Pages V   1 2 >  
So I'm Going In Tomorrow...
JVM
Jan 30 2008, 01:07 AM
Learning Roadie
Tomorrow, I go in and have surgery done on my right hand (picking hand). Since I was born I've had a problem with it which was somewhat corrected when I was about two years old. I'd show you a picture but I don't have one on hand tongue.gif

Basically, there were never enough muscles in the meaty part of my thumb, and plus the thumb itself is slightly forward (like if I were to have my palm face my nose, the thumb would come closer to the nose than the other hand, which is normal). and doesn't bend quite as easily in the joint. Part of the problem was solved by taking muscles from from another part of the hand and putting them in my thumb, which resulted in some cool scars and a good deal of functionality, but this surgery is going to widen the distance between my thumb and index finger (just by cutting skin).

I'm partially hoping this will help my picking, but thats not the real reason I'm doing it. I think my picking is more or less fine and normal and I can hold the pick like most of you do (thumb and side of index finger). But I'm just sitting here tonight hoping that whatever happens tomorrow doesn't set me back any or anything like that blink.gif

I know or know of other guitarists who have slight to serious problems (I'd consider mine very slight in regards to my playing) with their hands, curious if anyone at GMC does. I'm left handed because of it and I'd probably play guitar left handed except I'm not really capable of resting my hand on the neck and fretting strings at the same time, it just won't stretch that far, and though I don't plan to start all over again left handed thats another thing tomorrow might fix tongue.gif

Just kinda nervous. Not my first surgery but I just hope it goes well tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 30 2008, 01:08 AM
GMC:er
I hope all goes well and you're back to your best as soon as possible.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 30 2008, 01:09 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hope all goes well man, keep us updated! smile.gif

I've had several injuries to both my hands, i was able to recover, so you should be back shreddin in no time.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jan 30 2008, 01:10 AM

+Quote Post
PolackHax0r
Jan 30 2008, 01:11 AM
I hope everything goes well. And trust me, you don't want to play left handed. It's a pain to find decent guitars.... wink.gif

Good luck tomorrow man!

-Justin

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 30 2008, 02:49 AM
Hope ot goes well, man wink.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 30 2008, 03:14 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Good luck man - hope all goes well smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 30 2008, 03:37 AM
Instructor
Best wishes for tomorrow,I KNOW it'll be fine!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Jan 30 2008, 03:57 AM
Good luck bro and take the time to heal before playing again. Just so you dont reinjure your hand. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jan 30 2008, 03:58 AM
Best of luck bro smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 30 2008, 04:09 AM
Good luck man, hope everything turns out good, please update us! smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Jan 30 2008, 04:25 AM
Hope everything goes well with they surgery smile.gif.

I have mild Cerebral Palsy in both of my hands, so sometimes my fingers lock up and other times I don't have much stamina to play the guitar.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Robwylde
Jan 30 2008, 04:31 AM
All will be fine and you'll be jamming before you know it! cool.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 30 2008, 04:37 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Good luck man!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 30 2008, 06:45 AM
Singing Instructor
yeh...Good luck

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 30 2008, 08:43 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Wishing you all the best!

+Quote Post
Ayen
Jan 30 2008, 08:53 AM
Good luck, hope everything goes perfect!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 30 2008, 10:33 AM
Instructor
Good luck smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Jan 30 2008, 10:56 AM
Best of luck JVM!

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 30 2008, 11:00 AM
Good luck dude. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 30 2008, 11:18 AM
GMC Founder
Good luck - we will be thinking about you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:54 AM