Game Engine For Live Digital Visual Fx
Todd Simpson
Mar 20 2020, 09:57 PM
GMC:er
Not long ago, using GREEN SCREEN was the way that movie people put visual / digital fx together. This came with it's own problems and had a huge back end cost for post production. I made a post a bit back about a show called THE MANDALORIAN using the UNREAL GAME ENGINE for real time back grounds that made it possible to shoot computer generated backgrounds with live action / actors without needing much if any post production. This changes the entire process of film making. Never before have creators been able to get these results without using post production. Now, it's possible to get perfect lighting, perfect back grounds, etc. in real time without any need to take shots in to post production. This is going to change the way film/tv is made. It's a game changer. It's going to shift what skills people learn and what skills are no longer important in terms of making film/tv. I used to work in Post Production and Digital Visual FX. Seeing this happen is very exciting. Here is a video with more detail. Seeing this vid made me think about this stuff again. I thought Madalorian looked great. All of it, based on a game engine.

I may be the only guy who has seen the Mandalorian however. I'd gotten a brief disney subscription just to see how the unreal engine looked for film/tv. Id sure love to hear from anyone else who saw any of it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:41 AM