2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I'm A Guitar Teacher!, Finally:)
Pitch_Black
Apr 9 2008, 10:31 PM
GMC:er
I'm finally teaching guitar! wink.gif Ever since I started playing guitar I've wanted to teach. I'm teaching my brother, my sister, my uncle and three friends! Of course not all at the same time, but still, it's awesome. It's amazing how much you learn while your teaching. Like, you'll be showing them easy stuff, and you will see something there that you've never seen before biggrin.gif Do you guys have any tips on what and how to teach beginners?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby 535q Wah Pedal
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 9 2008, 10:36 PM
Singing Instructor
great for you man...smile.gif
tips..be patient with your new students...smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 9 2008, 10:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pitch_Black @ Apr 9 2008, 11:31 PM) *
I'm finally teaching guitar! wink.gif Ever since I started playing guitar I've wanted to teach. I'm teaching my brother, my sister, my uncle and three friends! Of course not all at the same time, but still, it's awesome. It's amazing how much you learn while your teaching. Like, you'll be showing them easy stuff, and you will see something there that you've never seen before biggrin.gif Do you guys have any tips on what and how to teach beginners?

You can definetly learn alot by teaching smile.gif

A good tip (in my opinion) would be to not bore the beginner student with alot of theory at first. That can kill the interest really fast.
Show something fun first, and get some interest that way and slowly sneak in the theory behind it.

and yes.. show patience smile.gif

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Apr 9 2008, 10:39 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Pitch_Black
Apr 10 2008, 01:02 AM
Ok, thanks guys! Be patient and don't bore, got it smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 10 2008, 01:19 AM
Instructor
Congrats,teaching people is awesome thing to do! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 10 2008, 01:27 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its great to teach ! Also you are improving that way too , so its beneficial for both parties ;0

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 10 2008, 07:10 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Nice, that's great smile.gif
...and I agree with the others wink.gif

+Quote Post
Siggum
Apr 10 2008, 08:00 AM
show them whammy bar, and they are hooked for life biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Siggum: Apr 10 2008, 08:01 AM

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 10 2008, 09:20 AM
Instructor
nice to hear that from you now try to draw a line for you teaching thats will help you more .congrats

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 10 2008, 11:46 AM
Instructor
Congratulations mate !!! I remember that I started doing lesson for some friends... it's a good way to start teaching wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 10 2008, 07:50 PM
Instructor
Congratulations, work as you teach smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pitch_Black
Apr 11 2008, 02:41 AM
Thanks guys for all your support biggrin.gif You guys Rock cool.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 11 2008, 02:47 AM
Learning Roadie
I want to teach someday too smile.gif I'd love to do personal lessons but working with something like GMC would be awesome (I get the feeling that by the time I'm good enough to teach at GMC we'll have too many guitar instructors anyway tongue.gif) too.

So congrats biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
ibanezkiller
Apr 11 2008, 03:04 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Apr 9 2008, 05:39 PM) *
A good tip (in my opinion) would be to not bore the beginner student with alot of theory at first. That can kill the interest really fast.
Show something fun first, and get some interest that way and slowly sneak in the theory behind it.

CORRECT! When I started my dad tried to show me some chords, Instead of chords I went off and learned some Metallica riffs, and this sparked my guitar interest. Not being able to play the whole song made me WANT to learn the theory.

--------------------
METALLICA ROCKS!

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Apr 11 2008, 02:52 PM
show them how to read tabs, then give them the address to ultimate-guitar.com. them show them like, 4 chords, and they are off!

oh yeah, i forgot. if they screw-up and play some weird thing, chances are you can take that weird thing and make it into a cool lick!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Pitch_Black
Apr 13 2008, 03:30 AM
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Apr 11 2008, 06:52 AM) *
show them how to read tabs, then give them the address to ultimate-guitar.com. them show them like, 4 chords, and they are off!

oh yeah, i forgot. if they screw-up and play some weird thing, chances are you can take that weird thing and make it into a cool lick!

Yeah, thats the site I go to for all my tabs. But I just tab by ear most of the time. Yeah, I have done that a few times already biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Apr 13 2008, 03:36 AM
Once more, this is another area of guitar playing where being organised can really help you.

Anybody who knows how to play the guitar can teach somebody else how to play, but without motives and proper teaching, that could really mess somebody up.

If I were you I'd keep a plan of what you want to teach them, and also keep track of their progress so that you know what they need to work on and what they're good at. Make sure you advise them to practice properly and thoroughly, as doing that from the start can really kick off your guitar playing, instead of getting into the habbit of doing something badly, and then having to re-learn.

When I first started learning guitar, before I even learnt how to play chords, I learnt finger exercises. First finger, first string, downstrokes with a very light pick across the strings. Then the first and second finger. First and third finger. First and fourth finger. Second and third. Second and fourth. You see where this is going? Keep it going nice and slow, but in time, and that will really build up picking confidence and technique. Then you can move onto E and Am, and transfering between them, strumming, etc.

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com

+Quote Post
Pitch_Black
Apr 13 2008, 07:28 PM
Ok, thanks for the good advice wink.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Apr 13 2008, 07:35 PM
Instructor
Teaching is the best way to improve! A tip for the beginners? They are different from one to another...just keep this in mind.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Pitch_Black
Apr 15 2008, 12:23 AM
QUOTE (Danilo Capezzuto @ Apr 13 2008, 12:35 PM) *
Teaching is the best way to improve! A tip for the beginners? They are different from one to another...just keep this in mind.

Ok, thanks Danilo wink.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:33 AM