Why Does This Happen
Phil66
Nov 14 2019, 09:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

Just a question about interference, I know it happens, I know why kind of but why does it happen like this in the file below. It's hardly there until the string is creating sound then it increases. I used to get it on a Roland Cube amp too. I'm just wondering what is happening electronically. Why does it increase when the string is hit? It's a single coil by the way wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/noise-2

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 14 2019, 10:20 PM
GMC:er
Grounding noise does sound like old modem when in digital relm smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 14 2019, 10:39 PM
Single coils are noisy. Unless they are the noiseless variety smile.gif They can generate a bit of buzz. If a noise gate is active you won't hear it until the noise level gets above the gate threshold. If not gate is involved, the noise floor is being raise when the string is struck. With just a pinch of gain, the noise can be made worse. Quick fix is a well tuned noise gate, or using noiseless singles. I'm sure there are other ways too

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 14 2019, 04:55 PM) *
Hello folks,

Just a question about interference, I know it happens, I know why kind of but why does it happen like this in the file below. It's hardly there until the string is creating sound then it increases. I used to get it on a Roland Cube amp too. I'm just wondering what is happening electronically. Why does it increase when the string is hit? It's a single coil by the way wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/noise-2

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 14 2019, 11:57 PM
Thanks folks,
I wasn't after a fix, I just wanted to know why it happens.why it gets louder when the string is vibrating.

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 15 2019, 05:17 PM
No idea why or what that type of noise is but I had a similar issue with a particular 9v. power supply. It was a 'switching' digital type like a 1-spot or switch-mode power supply.

Boring and technical but informative ... https://www.electronics-notes.com/articles/...ower-supply.php

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 15 2019, 08:50 PM
Thanks Ken,

This was a Brunetti preset from TH-U with my MiM HSH Strat on the middle pickup. I you have TH-U (I know Todd does) it's the TH-O Brunetti Collection (Bank 30) and Pro Drivers Dark Blue (Preset 8). I'd like to hear it on someone else's single coil.

Also regarding noiseless single coils, aren't they just a stacked humbucker?

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 15 2019, 09:18 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 15 2019, 08:50 PM) *
Also regarding noiseless single coils, aren't they just a stacked humbucker?

Yeah, pretty much Phil!
smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:17 PM