2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Keep Breaking E's
bleez
Oct 7 2016, 04:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 7 2016, 03:05 PM) *
I have a lot of guitars and I don't keep track of how much I break strings but I do have on hand at least 20 extra high Es and Bs at all times.

I always just assumed that Pros would change the set anytime a string broke smile.gif
I usually dont break strings very often but its not like Im gigging or, in fact, leaving the house!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 7 2016, 05:09 PM
GMC:er
I hate changing my strings. when I break an E or B I just change those.
I'll take the cue that my strings need changing when I bust a D or A, lol!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Oct 8 2016, 01:51 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 7 2016, 03:34 PM) *
I always just assumed that Pros would change the set anytime a string broke smile.gif
I usually dont break strings very often but its not like Im gigging or, in fact, leaving the house!

I'm not a pro, but sometimes I don't even change the broken string when I break one smile.gif. I have a floyd rose, so the string clamps at the bridge. When I put on new strings, I put extra wraps of the high strings around the peg on the headstock. If the string breaks at the bridge, I just unwrap some of the extra off of the peg, clamp it into the bridge and I'm done smile.gif.

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 15 2016, 11:22 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
pack of E strings arrived yesterday. took me a few goes to change the string because Im still getting use to these vintage tuners mellow.gif It kept popping out, I think I need a string winder.
anyway after a bunch of attempts I got it wound on and then realised I's strung it backwards dry.gif what a dick!
so now Im going out of my was to break it tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 15 2016, 11:40 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 15 2016, 10:22 AM) *
pack of E strings arrived yesterday. took me a few goes to change the string because Im still getting use to these vintage tuners mellow.gif It kept popping out, I think I need a string winder.
anyway after a bunch of attempts I got it wound on and then realised I's strung it backwards dry.gif what a dick!
so now Im going out of my was to break it tongue.gif

Search kluson tuners on youtube as they're a pain if you work them like normal tuners, but after getting the tips you'll realize they're great smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 15 2016, 12:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 15 2016, 11:40 AM) *
Search kluson tuners on youtube as they're a pain if you work them like normal tuners, but after getting the tips you'll realize they're great smile.gif

I had watched one vid where they guy stuck the string in the hole and then wrapped it once ( only on the high E ) before winding, that was the way Ive been doing it but I had look at some others just now and not everyone does the 'one wrap' on the high E, I might not bother doing it that way next time.
I do like these tuners though, although so far Ive found the higher string a bit awkward, they are really good. Im sure I'll get the hang of it soon smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:36 AM