What Cables Do You Use?, how long do they last?
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2011, 10:34 AM
Instructor
Hey guys, just wanted to hear some of your experiences with cables. Guitar cables, mic cables, and other studio cables.

Do you have a you-can't-make-a-mistake brand as far as the cables go? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 16 2011, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I use planet waves instrument cable

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2011, 10:48 AM
Instructor
What do you think about it Isac? Is it performing good, is it long enough, does it have proper connectors?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 16 2011, 11:59 AM
Instructor
I also use Planet Waves.. however I have had a faulty one which has broken down completely.. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 16 2011, 01:18 PM
Instructor
I use K-Sound cables, they are not the best around, but do the job very well. Bulky connectors, gold plated, barell connectors, one of the is L-shaped. They have a life span od 2 years of regular gigging - enough for me smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 16 2011, 03:56 PM
Instructor
I have Planet waves and they have lasted me for quite a while now!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2011, 04:04 PM
Instructor
I'm using these ones and works well..

http://www.kwc.com.ar/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 17 2011, 06:31 AM
Instructor
i love the vox cables with the blue jack smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 17 2011, 07:02 AM
GMC:er
Planet Waves - Instrument Custom Series
They are pretty good quality, extremely low capacitance. With In-Out Signal Transparancy, so you don't get robbed of tone. I previously had a list of the best cable reviews (pro/mid/cheap), these scored high in the middle range. What really attracted me to them was the quality of playing harmonics (I think that's a good test for cable quality) and...

Guarenteed for Life!
At any time I wish I can return them to the Rockshop and get a brand new cable replacement. No questions asked, as many times as I like, just keep the receipt... so far I haven't needed to (he did says it gets void if you use sissors on them and fully cut in half, so keep those snippers away, lol). The dog likes going under the computer and playing in my computer cables and gets himself tied up in them, but he doesn't fancy the guitar cables at least.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 17 2011, 07:14 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 17 2011, 09:02 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I use Evidence Audio Cables and Lava Cables.
That's the best cables I've found to date, and I've tried quite a few.
Great clear sound compared to other "cheap" alternatives that sometimes muffles the sound.
Last a long time, I've had none die on me yet.

For rack/pedalboard patch-cables I use Lava Cables and George L Cables.
Great cables, you can buy them "finished" or make your own with their DIY kits.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 17 2011, 09:09 AM
GMC:er
I remember George L Cables where on the top of the pro list, but they are quite pricey aren't they?

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 17 2011, 09:35 AM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Aug 17 2011, 10:09 AM) *
I remember George L Cables where on the top of the pro list, but they are quite pricey aren't they?

Yeah, the price on George L, Evidence and Lava cables are quite steep smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 17 2011, 01:03 PM
Instructor
All these cables have good and bad sides, usually we present them with price/performance ratio. Some have high, some have low.

Did you ever notice a difference in sound when using different brand cables (but same length)?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 17 2011, 05:34 PM
Instructor
For me that's German KLOTZ with a NEUTRIK jack's, the very best smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 17 2011, 06:18 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 17 2011, 02:03 PM) *
All these cables have good and bad sides, usually we present them with price/performance ratio. Some have high, some have low.

Did you ever notice a difference in sound when using different brand cables (but same length)?

I agree. Of course there are probably better cables considering performance/price ratio,
but I found that these cables were the best for me. They're too expensive in my opinion, but as long as they sound good I'll pay smile.gif

Yes, I actually did a test with different cables a good while back.
I even recorden with different cables (direct or through preamp) and listened through my AKG headphones and my studiomonitors. I noticed a difference in cables with same length, but nothing extreme.
The cheapest cable I bought vs the Evidence and Lava you could actually hear it a lot on the noise.
There was less noise from the more expensive cables.

But I've also found some cheaper cables that worked wonders, but they're hard to get hold of here so I'll stick to Evidence and Lava for now. I also found more expensive(!) cables which I didn't like as much.
I guess you have to find what's right for you, even with cables. The same applies with guitars and amps, so why not with cables? smile.gif

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Aug 17 2011, 06:34 PM) *
For me that's German KLOTZ with a NEUTRIK jack's, the very best smile.gif

Klotz are also very good smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 PM