> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Santana: Europa Part 1, Lesson By Laszlo Boross
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

ClaudioStrat
Nov 26 2020, 09:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Santana: Europa Part 1 by Laszlo Boross

Sharing this take. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 26 2020, 10:44 PM
GMC Founder
Nice!

At parts here you are doing a killer job! Also many of the bends are spot on.

Generally the things that bring the musical impression down here are:

* vibrato: Your vibrato motion is narrow and generic. You should try to get your vibrato motion from your arm (and not only your wrist/fingers), for a wide and and controlled vibrato.

* Faster runs: as soon as it gets faster, we can hear sync issues - so you are not quite ready to perform the entire piece yet. You need to spend more time practicing the fast runs separately at a slower tempo where you don't miss a note, and gradually work your way up.

Keep up the hard work, you get a 5 from me! I am very much looking forward to following your progress 👊

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2020, 11:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio!!

As we are working on this one at the mentoring program, you already know my thoughts about this take. You've been working very hard, and many of the first problems are now solved.

I'm here to grade your take.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 28 2020, 09:35 PM
GMC:er
First off, Congrats on learning this entire piece of Music. It's a great piece. It's worth learning. It contains a wide variety of techniques worth knowing and in a very musical way. I think you will get this. But it needs a bit more work.

VIBRATO:: Your vibrato is a tad shallow. Good vibrato starts small and swells up wider then back down. Vibrato is the most expressive guitar technique. It's particular to each player. Listen again to the original and notice the subtle beauty of his control of vibrato. Focus on the first vibrato only and just play it on a loop and try to mimic the original.

SYNCH: Your synch has gotten much better but this piece has some pretty fast runs that must be nailed perfectly or it sounds off. I think you can reach this, but again isolating those parts is key. It's not always fun to loop a difficult section until you can play it, but it's part of the process.

MUTE: Your palm mute is good here. I don't hear random string noise.

You get a solid six from me. Back to the woodshed!

Todd

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Nov 26 2020, 04:51 PM) *
Original lesson: Santana: Europa Part 1 by Laszlo Boross

Sharing this take. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

<div class="youtube-embed"></div>

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 1 2020, 06:29 PM
Instructor
Hey there Claudio!

This is classic tune and at some stage a great phrasing workout for beginner and intermediate players.

You nailed the essential point - the melody and average rhythm. There are some spots where you rush (play in front of the beat). There are little moments of pitch issues as well.

I know it is difficult to work on many things at the same time so I would like to focus on one that would have huge impact on your performance. You need to learn to hold your hand on strings that are not being played. At the very first long note we hear, the lower strings try to cut though (start to ring underneath. You need to make sure that the soft part of your right palm has a constant touch with these strings, while 2nd string rings out. To mute e1 string you can use bottom part of any from you left fingers. This way no other strings whil interrupt the sustain. As you probably noticed - distortion pulls out some very silnet noises and make them visible same as regular notes. This is why playing on distorted electric guitar vary so much with classical or clean tone plaing - it just demands different hand behaviors.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 10 2021, 04:52 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:35 AM