Boss Tb-2w (tone Bender)
Mertay
Dec 1 2020, 10:31 AM
GMC:er
https://www.boss.info/global/products/tb-2w...yblaxW2pH4LnEgk

I have no experience with the original pedal, maybe Ken does?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 2 2020, 07:54 AM
I'll bite. The original builders are still making real ColorSound/SolaSound Tone Benders - the Macari family and David Mains (England). I had one. They're huge, only run on a battery and only sound good in front of a relatively loud amp. I sold my 'real' one a couple of years ago when some guy offered me $1000.00 for it. Way more than I paid. Fulltone makes a good clone, the Soulbender.
Big, fat tone when you use either single coil pickups or humbuckers that are 'normal' output. Fuzzes in general HATE high output pkups. It overdrives the input too much and they fart out. The mk.II is not, I repeat is not the classic Jimmy Page/Jeff Beck TB version. They used mk.I and mk.I.5 Tonebenders.
The mk.II is a little more 'fuzzy', a little less fat and slightly more output.

I'd be curious about this Boss version as it is to some degree designed with original parts and schematic.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 2 2020, 06:13 PM
Great info share as usual smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 2 2020, 10:07 PM
Another thing to understand is that every current fx builder who makes a Tonebender or a Fuzzface or a "whatever" vintage fuzz clone always claims that they're using sourced nos parts and 'supply is limited'. They've been saying that since the early 90s. There are several builders that make TB clones of every mk.# variety at relatively reasonable prices.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Dec 3 2020, 01:45 AM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Dec 3 2020, 09:16 AM

This post has been edited by Mertay: Dec 3 2020, 09:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 3 2020, 05:49 PM
If it's not stupid expensive, I'll try one.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2020, 01:34 AM
Make us some vids please!!!

QUOTE (klasaine @ Dec 3 2020, 12:49 PM) *
If it's not stupid expensive, I'll try one.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 4 2020, 04:13 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 3 2020, 05:34 PM) *
Make us some vids please!!!

I don't think they're even available yet.
Here's a Tonebender style fuzz in action. Fuzz control all the way up. I'm playing into my non-mv 50 watt Plexi into a load box and an IR. Can't remember the guitar. They really are best into a loud, overdriven amp (all fuzzes are). You can really hear how fat and round they can (should) be.
https://soundcloud.com/klasaine2/floydian-wisp

This post has been edited by klasaine: Dec 4 2020, 04:17 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:41 AM