Best Vocalist I've Heard In A Long Time.
Todd Simpson
Nov 5 2020, 07:48 PM
GMC:er
This kid has some pipes. It's got Joel Hykstra from whitesnake on guitar, Mike Portnoy on drums and this insane young kid on vocals. It's a cover of an one tune called JANE. Whaddy think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 6 2020, 09:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
WOW, Well that's Coverdale's replacement found.

Thanks for sharing Todd.

The intro reminds me of Rainbow.

UPDATE:

Here's me going on about it sounding like a Rainbow song and I discover it's a Jefferson Airplane song rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 6 2020, 09:35 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2020, 10:58 PM
Close enough wink.gif it's from way back when. Quick trivia, that same guitar riff was borrowed by a guy named ALDO NOVA for another song from way back when in the 80s and the CHEESE factor is very very intense on this one.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 6 2020, 04:32 PM) *
WOW, Well that's Coverdale's replacement found.

Thanks for sharing Todd.

The intro reminds me of Rainbow.

UPDATE:

Here's me going on about it sounding like a Rainbow song and I discover it's a Jefferson Airplane song rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 7 2020, 03:41 PM
GMC Founder
Amazing singing indeed. We need an album with this vocalist! Very cool LP solo as well

--------------------

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Nov 7 2020, 06:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
Not only is his voice and vocal performance mind-blowing, he also does a pretty decent job on his instruments.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 7 2020, 09:09 PM
Instructor
This is fantastic! I would love to hear an album done by this trio. The vocalist is very impressing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 7 2020, 11:54 PM
The vocalist (Dino) is in the band DIRTY SHIRLEY with George Lynch and they do have an album! Here is a song from it.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 8 2020, 10:36 AM
Brilliant, I'm sure I've seen that before.

Hints of Dio.

Thanks for sharing cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 14 2020, 09:27 PM
I'd just like to add this young lady into the thread. cool.gif

https://youtu.be/7fVzC8-xGKI

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 15 2020, 08:25 PM
Been following her for a while. She is AMAZING. Best female vocalist i've heard in a long time. Also, she does a perfect version oa Nancy Wilson. She sounds more like HEART than HEART. smile.gif All of her covers are just spot on. That STEELHART cover is sorta the RACER X song that Vocalists do to show their extended range. She nails it. Even the singer for the band can't do that anymore. She should be way famous by now.

Here she is taking over vocal duties for STRYPER. She can still hit the high notes that the singer used to hit back in the day smile.gif She does a lot of 80s covers and 60s covers. All of them are great.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 14 2020, 04:27 PM) *
I'd just like to add this young lady into the thread. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 15 2020, 08:30 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 28 2020, 09:51 PM
Watched Never Let You Go loads and it never ceases to put a smile on my face at 00:55 when she sings "The first time I kissed your tender lips", her face lights up, she is living the song. Incredible young woman.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 28 2020, 10:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
One of my favorite singers is Maggy Luyten, who sings in this live version of Intergalactic Space Crusaders by Ayreon. The male singer is Damian Wilson from Threshold. Maggy is from Belgium. I don't know if she's in a band at the moment though:

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 15 2020, 09:25 PM) *
Been following her for a while. She is AMAZING. Best female vocalist i've heard in a long time. Also, she does a perfect version oa Nancy Wilson. She sounds more like HEART than HEART. smile.gif All of her covers are just spot on. That STEELHART cover is sorta the RACER X song that Vocalists do to show their extended range. She nails it. Even the singer for the band can't do that anymore. She should be way famous by now.

Here's a version of another of my favorite singers (Rusell Allen from Symphony X) doing a cover of Barracuda with Adrenaline Mob:

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Dec 28 2020, 10:14 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 29 2020, 12:06 AM
Here is one from way back. Nearly 20 years ago Night Wish did this tune with a very cheeseball tie in to a very cheese heavy vampire movie. It's pure camp but it's lots of fun. :Back when she sang more like a rock singer and a bit less like an opera singer. I don't know if they ever play this song live. She is evidently a huge diva but still she has pipes. It's strange that this band is barely known in the states but huge in europe.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 29 2020, 12:08 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 29 2020, 03:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 29 2020, 01:06 AM) *
Here is one from way back. Nearly 20 years ago Night Wish did this tune with a very cheeseball tie in to a very cheese heavy vampire movie. It's pure camp but it's lots of fun. :Back when she sang more like a rock singer and a bit less like an opera singer. I don't know if they ever play this song live. She is evidently a huge diva but still she has pipes. It's strange that this band is barely known in the states but huge in europe.

I think that's one of their previous singers. Maybe Tarja. Floor joined them in 2013, I think. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 29 2020, 03:19 PM
Yup that's Tarja smile.gif I should have been more specific. She was the original singer until there was some sort of dust up and they replaced her with another gal who didn't last too long as she just couldn't sing the stuff that well as she had a limited range and then they replaced that one with Floor Jansen who has a HUGE voice and is there to this day.
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 28 2020, 10:08 PM) *
I think that's one of their previous singers. Maybe Tarja. Floor joined them in 2013, I think. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 29 2020, 03:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 29 2020, 04:19 PM) *
Yup that's Tarja smile.gif I should have been more specific. She was the original singer until there was some sort of dust up and they replaced her with another gal who didn't last too long as she just couldn't sing the stuff that well as she had a limited range and then they replaced that one with Floor Jansen who has a HUGE voice and is there to this day.

Floor is amazing. Here's another video from the show I linked above. It's got a lot of great singers. I really like Maggy Luyten. She's almost like a female Dio. But Floor Janssen just cleans it all up at the end:

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:43 AM