3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Kris & Marcus Ballad, Finished! :D
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 20 2007, 09:36 PM
GMC Founder
Hey there!

Some of you might have been following the development of this one in the blog - I am now very proud to present the finished song.

It features Marcus' awesome playing, arrangement, mixing + my singing and a guitar duel! biggrin.gif
Listen to "Soul to the World" here- or read the last blog entry!

Thanks!
Kris

PS It also feature Maria's backing vocals (Henrik is the only admin missing! biggrin.gif)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ayen
Nov 20 2007, 09:49 PM
GMC:er
Wow! I don't know what's better, the phenomenal singing, or the excellent guitar playing, but one thing I can be sure of is that you guys are amazing. The three of you serve as awesome examples of what hard work can bring about.

I'm anxious to see the new lesson coming for this song, and I look forward to what you guys come up with in the future. It's going to be tough, but you may just be able to top it. I know nobody else in the world can.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 20 2007, 09:50 PM
Instructor
Oooooooooooooooooooooh !!!!! I love it !!!!!!!! really great voice Kris !!!!I cannot believe that's your voice !!!! wink.gif

Congratulations !! I want your album biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 20 2007, 09:51 PM
Cool stuff...

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Nov 20 2007, 09:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Great song, great voice, great guitars smile.gif
And now make an album!

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 20 2007, 09:59 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
excellent stuff guys, Kris your singing is really getting great, reminds me of some gritty thrash metal (thats a good thing! smile.gif )and the solos are awesome, riffs are great, lyrics are cool, fantastic job guys smile.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 20 2007, 10:16 PM
Lets go fishing!
Whoa !! Too awsome. Some of you may remember very far back i suggested the possibilty a Kristofer Dahl album, well with all the great productions between Kris and Marcus as of late I definatly think it would be a great idea! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Batista
Nov 20 2007, 10:31 PM
This was really cool guys and girl! Your singing gave me some Metallica feeling Kris, and that's a compliment tongue.gif Really, really insanely cool guitarplaying too!

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 20 2007, 10:41 PM
I'm impressed. And that coming from me, you know that it must be decent.

All in all, quite good. Two comments. I would change the sound so that your playing stands out more. Marcus stood out more, I think you should try also to showcase your playing more. You did some nice stuff, but the sound was too thick for it really to stand out as it deserved. If I did not know who you were, it would not be clear to me that there are two great guitarists playing. I think you should always try to make that obvious. You two have very contrasting styles. Your voice has DEFINITELY gotten better.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Nov 20 2007, 10:55 PM

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Nov 20 2007, 10:57 PM
This is just perfect, the guitar is great and Kris' voice sounds really good. I got huge goosebumps at the chorus smile.gif

I love this kind of music with tasty licks and melodic singing, this is just great smile.gif

Excellent work guys, keep 'em coming

CYA

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 20 2007, 11:21 PM
GMC Founder
Wow guys I am overwhelmed! blink.gif I didn't expect this response!! laugh.gif Thanks!!

QUOTE (Ayen @ Nov 20 2007, 09:49 PM) *
Wow! I don't know what's better, the phenomenal singing, or the excellent guitar playing, but one thing I can be sure of is that you guys are amazing. The three of you serve as awesome examples of what hard work can bring about.

I'm anxious to see the new lesson coming for this song, and I look forward to what you guys come up with in the future. It's going to be tough, but you may just be able to top it. I know nobody else in the world can.

Thanks Ayen!!

Every day I am discover how true the "anyone can do it with hard work" expression is - I would never have seen myself singing to a cool tune this soon!

So anyone sure can do it - my singing was horrible just two years ago!! blink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Nov 20 2007, 09:50 PM) *
Oooooooooooooooooooooh !!!!! I love it !!!!!!!! really great voice Kris !!!!I cannot believe that's your voice !!!! wink.gif

Congratulations !! I want your album biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

That means a lot coming from such a versatile composer as you Juan! Thanks!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 20 2007, 11:21 PM
Lets go fishing!
I cant stop playing this, I think you guys sound awsome! poeople would buy this no doubt.

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 20 2007, 11:27 PM
GMC Founder
To botoxfox chast The Uncreator mattacuk Batista fkalich kyldeee....

Thanks!! laugh.gif Your comments and feedback is my one and only inspiration!! biggrin.gif

By the way - in cased anyone missed it, here is our first tune (Historical Failure).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 21 2007, 12:42 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Batista @ Nov 20 2007, 09:31 PM) *
This was really cool guys and girl! Your singing gave me some Metallica feeling Kris, and that's a compliment tongue.gif Really, really insanely cool guitarplaying too!

the beginning gave me that Metallica feel too, was really good biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
kahall
Nov 21 2007, 04:15 AM
Learning Roadie
Kris you sound like someone familiar, but I cannot put my finger on it yet. This is great, put it on my ipod so I can analyze it while I am at the dredded gym. I did also notice there is some nifty guitar playing going on as well. cool.gif

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Nov 21 2007, 08:42 AM
Instructor
Wow! Thanks s lot guys! biggrin.gif

I'll be happy to answer any questions about how I mixed this song, and of course other questions as well! smile.gif As you might have read in the blog, we used over 90 tracks (so there's a lot of instruments and overdubs in there) and some cool mixing tricks cool.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 21 2007, 09:56 AM
Lets go fishing!
Marcus and Kris you are both very inspireing ! keep up the good work.

kinf regards

Matt wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Nov 21 2007, 03:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 20 2007, 11:21 PM) *
That means a lot coming from such a versatile composer as you Juan! Thanks!! laugh.gif

cool.gif I just said the truth wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Nov 21 2007, 03:22 PM
Just heard the song! Kris, your voice sounds great, and Marcus' solo is amazing as usual! Truth be told, I expected nothing less! Congrats! Encore!

-Kizaze

+Quote Post
Iluha
Nov 21 2007, 06:14 PM
Unbealivebly proffesional! amazing job!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:53 AM