Tv Commercials, Crappy music
Ulrik
Feb 7 2011, 10:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just here to spread some negativity!

I know music taste is hard to discuss, but there are a lot of talented musicians, so why is this what I have to listen to whenever I turn on the tv?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q6ljBeppoo
This is just annoying, they made dozens of these and I always change the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWIfRCS50CM
What text is this? Come on!

Do you have any commercials or music from tv, that just irritates you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Feb 7 2011, 10:53 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
del-4fr53e3
Feb 7 2011, 11:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
Because people like it. Just look at the comments of both the videos smile.gif
If you can write music people likes and can relate to, that's talent right there (just look at some famous paintings, some of them doesn't look like reality at all, but people love it). There are so many guitarists who can write the most intricate chord progressions or shred faster than the speed of light, but if it's music that only few people like, that's what it is (music that few people like). Talent comes in all forms. If a tree falls in the forest, but there is noone there to hear it - does it make a sound?
I'm sure if the majority of people loved shredding, it would be all over every commercial smile.gif

...also, the main important thing for a commercial jingle is for it to have a catchy melody that you can't get out of your head. That way you spend the whole day thinking about their product. tongue.gif

Besides, if you want rock music, there haven't really been anything good from any new young catchy guys in a while, really, has it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Feb 7 2011, 11:45 PM

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Feb 8 2011, 12:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
I know they need to sell a product, and shredding would probably not sell lingerie.

With these two, I just have to change the channel, it's like a mental disease or something biggrin.gif

Don't you have something on tv you just can't stand?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 9 2011, 12:15 AM
Instructor
Hey, who said shred didn't sell

back in 86! tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Feb 9 2011, 12:33 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Feb 9 2011, 12:15 AM) *
Hey, who said shred didn't sell

back in 86! tongue.gif

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Feb 9 2011, 02:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
Excatly!
Back then it was all good

I long for the eighties biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2011, 03:16 AM
GMC:er
How about this one. A shampoo add with Death Metal and girls doing the "Crik Neck" to show how lovely their hair is.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2011, 09:22 PM
Instructor

biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:01 PM