Cable For Guitar Rig 5?
Nick6373
Feb 20 2015, 01:50 AM
GMC:er
Hey GMC, sorry if this is the wrong section. I wasn't 100% sure where to put this.

I was wondering if a 1/4 in to 1/8 in adapter jack would work for using Guitar Rig 5 or if I should buy something else.

Thanks!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2015, 02:41 PM
Instructor
yes, it will work. Depending on the sound interface that you are using, you will need some extra driver to be able to monitor your guitar processed with Guitar Pro while you play with a minimum of latency.

What audio interface do you have?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Nick6373
Feb 21 2015, 01:01 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 20 2015, 01:41 PM) *
yes, it will work. Depending on the sound interface that you are using, you will need some extra driver to be able to monitor your guitar processed with Guitar Pro while you play with a minimum of latency.

What audio interface do you have?

Errrrr how do you tell haha? I'm not quite sure what you mean by audio interface.

This post has been edited by Nick6373: Feb 21 2015, 01:01 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2015, 08:00 PM
He's talking about an external sound card smile.gif But from the sound of it, you are talking about plugging your guitar in to the sound card on your computer right? Short answer is yes it will work smile.gif Some folks say that doing this can damage your computer if you get an errant jump in electricity. So the cheapest way out is to get a USB to quarter inch guitar cable. They are about $35

Here is a link smile.gif

http://www.alesis.com/guitarlink

All the info is there.
Todd

QUOTE (Nick6373 @ Feb 20 2015, 08:01 PM) *
Errrrr how do you tell haha? I'm not quite sure what you mean by audio interface.

+Quote Post
Nick6373
Feb 21 2015, 08:47 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 21 2015, 07:00 PM) *
He's talking about an external sound card smile.gif But from the sound of it, you are talking about plugging your guitar in to the sound card on your computer right? Short answer is yes it will work smile.gif Some folks say that doing this can damage your computer if you get an errant jump in electricity. So the cheapest way out is to get a USB to quarter inch guitar cable. They are about $35

Here is a link smile.gif

http://www.alesis.com/guitarlink

All the info is there.
Todd

Thanks guys! Yeah that's what I ment Todd I don't have an external soundcard. I'll get a USB one like you advised.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2015, 11:05 PM
Happy to help! smile.gif

QUOTE (Nick6373 @ Feb 21 2015, 03:47 PM) *
Thanks guys! Yeah that's what I ment Todd I don't have an external soundcard. I'll get a USB one like you advised.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:36 AM