Electro-harmonix Lpb-1 Linear Power Booster
JVM
Sep 4 2007, 01:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 24 2008, 12:32 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 4 2007, 02:20 PM
GMC:er
Cool review JVM smile.gif
Sounds like something i could use.So does it increase the volume of your sound when you kick it in or just give a stronger signal??Like for example could you be playing very loud on a clean setting then kick it in to give a slight overdrive blues sound??Just wondering

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 4 2007, 02:34 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Sep 4 2007, 01:20 AM) *
Cool review JVM smile.gif
Sounds like something i could use.So does it increase the volume of your sound when you kick it in or just give a stronger signal??Like for example could you be playing very loud on a clean setting then kick it in to give a slight overdrive blues sound??Just wondering

Definitely. It does increase the volume - but only as much as you let it. You can play clean and set the boost to say 8 o'clock and maybe not notice much but a bit of a fattening up of your sound - it'll be louder. Push it to 10 or 12 and it'll overdrive your clean tone perfect for blues (of course these settings vary amp to amp), or ride it all the way up and you may well find yourself in some real rock and roll territory, zeppelin style.

This post has been edited by JVM: Sep 4 2007, 02:34 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 4 2007, 02:52 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (JVM @ Sep 4 2007, 09:34 AM) *
Definitely. It does increase the volume - but only as much as you let it. You can play clean and set the boost to say 8 o'clock and maybe not notice much but a bit of a fattening up of your sound - it'll be louder. Push it to 10 or 12 and it'll overdrive your clean tone perfect for blues (of course these settings vary amp to amp), or ride it all the way up and you may well find yourself in some real rock and roll territory, zeppelin style.

Very cool biggrin.gif
And if you play loud alot this pedal would definatly be a must have for the price.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 4 2007, 08:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Just want to make it clear that this isn't a "distortion pedal" per se, I've used distortions before and this is a little different. It doesn't really affect your tone at all, it just pushes you into a natural sounding saturation earlier, it will sound different amp to amp. Also that I've dealt with muddy tones before, and this one is quite clear and nice sounding. It may not be your kind of distortion (I don't have a metal setup - yet, so I can't confirm how well this works with a metal kind of sound, but I get the impression it would sound great for some kind of shred lead too.) but if it is, you'll like it.

This post has been edited by JVM: Sep 4 2007, 08:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 6 2008, 03:26 AM
Learning Roadie
I've added some soundclips to the main review smile.gif Don't know why I've been holding off on that - I guess this is really the only piece of gear I have that I can effectively use with the solid state toneport and still have a good sounding outcome. Now that I have amp mic'ing capability, I'll probably do a few more reviews of other stuff I have.

Ooh and by the way, I actually used this thing as a hammer on a couple nails earlier today, not a scratch or dent on it.

This post has been edited by JVM: Jan 6 2008, 03:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 6 2008, 01:51 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great review and I liked the sound clips , 5 stars for you wink.gif

Also anyone tried MXR Micro Amp ? Should be doing the similar thing like this one ? wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2008, 03:52 PM
Instructor
Nice review man, and like those added audio samples. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 6 2008, 09:58 PM
Lets go fishing!
I always wondered is there are worth a look and now i know ! Dirt cheap too biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 6 2008, 10:45 PM
Instructor
Another great review,thanks ! smile.gif

If I ever change my setup to combo or head amp,
I'll look for this one for sure biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 6 2008, 11:01 PM
Lets go fishing!
I would totally love to try this on my Vox AC15 actually,for the price what can I loose! wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 6 2008, 11:13 PM
Learning Roadie
I just wanted to add for anyone wondering, it sounds great like the EHX website quote says, when put in front of other pedals too. Then again my main distortion pedal is the Metal Muff (pretty sure there was already a review on that but I may add another) which is another EHX product. But I've tried it in front of a Voodoo Lab sparkle drive and an Option 5 destination rotation (which emulates a leslie speaker, but also has a drive option on it).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 15 2008, 10:35 PM
Instructor
Cool review and nice sound clips! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:02 AM