Cort X6/x11 Or Others For Diy Project!
Blavod
Feb 9 2015, 07:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi Gmcers! Looking for some advice/feedback on this one! Here's the story...

I am looking for a guitar with floyd rose for some rock/heavy songs i cannot do with my fixed bridge guitar (like the vanhalen class with dive bombs and vibrating harmonics tongue.gif ) I'll prefer a diy project where i will upgrade little by little the hardware, including the paint (ive designed a lightning strike finish that ill do on the guitar!). Expected mods will be: change the pickups for custom ones, change the floyd for a schaller one (supposed better and cheaper than originals), redo all the cabling, change the pots, change the tuners for schaller or gotoh, level the frets if necesary...but step by step!
So i am looking for a second hand superstrat style, 200€ range max, where i dont really care about the hardware but with acceptable woods and neck... In this quest ive found a few cort x6 and x11 that are around this price range, as well as some ibanez but with slightly lower specs for similar price, so i am not sure about the wood quality. What do you think about the x6 and x11? Or do you think other guitars could do the job? Do you think the project is crazy and useless or can be interesting?

Thanks for your advices!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Hell was full ... so I came Back!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:48 PM