About Tabulatures And Gp Files In Lessons
Bluesberry
Jan 25 2010, 08:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC,

I've found this increasing trend of not putting any kind of tabulatures or GP files in lessons a bit difficult for me. For example we have the awesome cover lessons for Nothing else matters, Beat it solo or Trooper. I love how these lessons have been made, the level of instruction is very high.

I, however, am not the sharpest person on Earth, and so I find it easier to learn if I have a kind of a "whole package" in front of my eyes. This leads me into the situation where I keep rewinding the couple of notes just because I can't seeem to remember their order. I don't believe that writing tabulatures or GP files is more troublesome than actually doing a lesson. Thus, I beg the instructors not to stop putting tabulatures and GP files in their lessons - in order for all of as to have the best learning environment possible.

Thank you,
Kristian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 25 2010, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
In the famous song lessons we are not allowed to have tabs do to the copyright laws

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 25 2010, 10:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
Thats right, its because of copyright issues, but however, the tabs can easily be found by googling on them with the "gp" -extension....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 25 2010, 10:28 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Take a piece of paper, pencil, and in not so long time You will have Your tab from the video..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Jan 25 2010, 07:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Alright, I had no idea about these copyright issues! That explains it! smile.gif

Thanks, mates!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2010, 07:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jan 25 2010, 06:28 AM) *
Take a piece of paper, pencil, and in not so long time You will have Your tab from the video..

This is an excelent idea! I think that this is best the way to study the famous songs lessons.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 26 2010, 02:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 25 2010, 07:32 PM) *
This is an excelent idea! I think that this is best the way to study the famous songs lessons.

I agree as well. If you have trouble memorizing, it can only do you good to write down the problematic passage and just rehearse it from the paper.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 26 2010, 03:59 PM
Instructor
In a way this is good way to practice transcribing just by watching videos. So for some it might be negative thing (no tabs/guitar pro) but for others might be useful (training your ear, eyes and learning how to notate it all smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 8 2010, 02:13 PM
Instructor
you can always have the lesson in front of you and a trustable downloaded tab

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:03 AM