Alittle Help With Paypal
Hungus
Oct 24 2007, 02:48 PM
GMC:er
As the title suggests I have been having alittle trouble with paypal...

I was going to cancel my subscription (sadly) to GMC the other day but Kris said you didnt have to if you only payed with your credit card not paypal (which is what I done, payed with the CC). So I thought I was all safe but then today I found that I had been charged to renew my subscription (???!). I think part of the problem is how GMC is tied into Paypal as when I 1st tryed to get an account using a credit card it wouldnt let me because that credit card had been tied to a paypal account. So I tryed another credit card and it worked fine... but it turns out that one was tied to paypal too (weird that it let me pay with this one and not the other!). Well thats basically the background story...

Now what would really help would be if someone could tell me a real way to contact paypal so I can cancel my account (paypal account!). I have tryed all the recovery methods for the account but had no luck as the account was made by my (stupid) brother a couple of years ago on my mums credit card and he cant remember anything about it. I have tryed all the obvious methods on the website but they are completely useless, you dont even get to talk to a real person over the phone just some stupid computer program. Obviously canceling the CC isnt really an option as its not mine but I need to figure out some way to stop paypal getting their filthy mitts on anymore of the money.

Please dont close this thread Kris or Andrew as this is NOT about my GMC subscription, I accept that I have lost my 40 bucks. I just need help with Paypal...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Oct 24 2007, 03:19 PM
Get to da Chopper!
i needed to shut mine off at one point due to lack of funds- i went to my paypal page and deleted my debit card from the list of payment methods then it had nothing to charge to.

I was then emailed about my subscription cancellation directly from paypal.

All up and running again now- hopefully i'll never have to unsubscribe again.

DeepRoots

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hungus
Oct 24 2007, 03:31 PM
GMC:er
Sorry I got abit carried away with that rant.... Basically I need some way to kill/cut off my paypal account. The recovery systems on the website are no use. The telephone number on the website is no good either.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 24 2007, 03:38 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
It's likely that you have a subscription lying around that draws money from your credit card every subscription renewal.

It is in fact a tad difficult to find how to cancel it but if I remember well you can look up previous payments in a history log and click one payment and from there find the subscription and delete it.

I understand that won't kill your account like you wish but at least stop payment.

Just contact Maria about the accident renewal, if she can refund.

Sorry to see you go.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 24 2007, 03:39 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 24 2007, 04:31 PM
GMC Founder
Hello Hungus,

I will answer you shortly here even though it is part of the forum rules to email us for these kind of questions.

You asked me earlier if you needed to actively unsubscribe, if you only used your credit card to sign up - and the answer is still no.

However when reading your post I understand that you didn't go thrugh the "One off" payment on the gmc sign-up page, instead you went through paypal - and they always need you to create a paypal account to create a subscription, which is what you have done.

So if you email Maria she will both help you find your paypal username (so you can recover your paypal password through www.paypal.com ), and refund your unwanted subscription payment.

This is again a discussion which we don't want openly so therefore this thread will be closed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:07 PM