Looking Back At My Music Education
superize
Jul 18 2011, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Now the fun is over but i have learned so much and get to know some new people.

Now lets look back at what we did

Friday-Wednsday

Learning songs and tried to get them to sound good togheter as a band.
Learning about whats importnant when playing in a band.
Learning how important it is to feel the beat not just realy on the others to keep it.
Doing som excercises to learn how to feel the beat.

We did alot more but theese are the most important things we worked on.

Thursday

First gig in the same place as we have been all week.
Doing soundcheck and setting up the stage.

The first gig was in an old movie theater with only seatplaces and there were about 50-60 people there so it was a pretty good turnout. The gig went fine and afterwards it was time to pack everything down and prepare for the next gig.

Friday

Early morning drive 200 km to the next place wich was jokkmokk. When i arived at the place we were going to play we got a bit chocked since it was like and old small barn. This was a bit chocking to see but it was just to unpack everything and start setting it up and do the soundcheck and everything that comes with it. Before the show we got a bit of free time so we decided to go out on the street and promote our show and that was alot of fun. When the show started there was like 10 people there but is was actually more fun to play then the day before because it was very small and cosy and we could connect with the crowd alot better. Our teacher said before the gig that this often happens when you get booked and dont know where you are going to play. you just have to make the best of the situation.

After the gig we packed everything and lef for our last stop Älvsbyn.

Saturday

After a good night sleep we are going to the park we are going to play in and the stage there is big, almost as big as the barn the day before. But when we get there problems are starting right away. When we arrived the night before we were told that we would have access to the stage at 11 but we dident get it untill 13.30 because of some dance they had. We were also told that we would have access to the power at 14.00 but diddent get it untill 15.00. Now we are a bit rushed because we did only have untill 17.00 to get everything up and do soundcheck because of the the main event Janne Schaffer and his band would come and do their soundcheck then.

We maneged to make it in time the gig went ok but we had some trouble with the sound at some points. I forgott to mention that this gig was outside so it was completely different then what we were used to. it really is loads different from playing inside beacuse the sound never comes back it just continues away.

After listening to Janne Schaffer and pack everything we ended the course and drived home tired but many experiences richer.

To sum things up i have learned alot and made some new friends and i have experienced what it is like to play in a band, but most important i have had fun every second of it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:55 PM