Cooking Mistakes !
Ben Higgins
Dec 23 2011, 12:51 PM
Instructor
Hey Dudes, do you ever make the same mistakes when cooking ?

I just made a late breakfast of cheese on toast. As usual, I forgot to turn the grilled side and I just put my cheese on. So, I was left with cheese on toast with one side un-grilled dry.gif

Also, what's your stupidest cooking mistake ? Years ago, when I was still living at home with my parents, I put one of those Doritos Salsa Dips (the ones that come in a small, round, plastic container) under the grill to 'heat it up'. Yes, that's right.. I put the plastic container under the grill.

Needless, to say, the plastic started melting and it caught fire. unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 23 2011, 01:04 PM
Learning Roadie
I hear your pain...I too have felt the dissapointing "bread softness" when you bite in a sandwhich which is meant to be toasted on both sides.....only to find out that it's NOT! mad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 23 2011, 01:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 23 2011, 12:04 PM) *
I hear your pain...I too have felt the dissapointing "bread softness" when you bite in a sandwhich which is meant to be toasted on both sides.....only to find out that it's NOT! mad.gif

I really did do a laugh.gif at your description there !! Yes, that is exactly it !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I've formed a new alliance - G.A.B.S.

Guitarists Against Bread Softness !!!

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 23 2011, 01:31 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 23 2011, 12:10 PM) *
I really did do a laugh.gif at your description there !! Yes, that is exactly it !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I've formed a new alliance - G.A.B.S.

Guitarists Against Bread Softness !!!

ah hahaha..... G.A.B.S that is excellent..... perhaps we could form an alliance? A musical war on Bread Softness, using songs to spread the word.... similar to these guys.....

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 23 2011, 02:41 PM
GMC:er
I trained as a Chef when I was 18/19 and the biggest mistake I kept making was cutting my fingers to ribbons with big, sharp knives!
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 23 2011, 02:44 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 23 2011, 01:41 PM) *
I trained as a Chef when I was 18/19 and the biggest mistake I kept making was cutting my fingers to ribbons with big, sharp knives!
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh I can relate....that's a similiar way to how i got my fingers cut.... all 3 main finger tips on left hand (fretting hand finger tips).... Needed plastic Surgery.... Which is why a Kitchen is an EVIL place for a guitarist!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 23 2011, 02:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 23 2011, 01:44 PM) *
Oh I can relate....that's a similiar way to how i got my fingers cut.... all 3 main finger tips on left hand (fretting hand finger tips).... Needed plastic Surgery.... Which is why a Kitchen is an EVIL place for a guitarist!

You're kidding me !!

You guys have suffered every guitarist's worst nightmare blink.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 23 2011, 03:00 PM
One year I had some chocolate candy and I was like I wanted chocolate milk. So I'm like yeah! Throw that in the microwave cook it for a few min and then add milk. Needless to say the chocolate didn't melt but the cup did. laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 23 2011, 03:18 PM
Instructor
Check this out! I have a guitarist friend who is an amazing cook biggrin.gif and he always likes cooking to a groove, so he's practically making a little rhythm to everything he does in the kitchen - it is incredible to see him work biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 23 2011, 03:36 PM
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Dec 23 2011, 01:44 PM) *

Yoinks!!!
ohmy.gif

I've never cut mine that badly in a kitchen!! There was this one time with a Petrol Hedge Trimmer that almost took the top off my LH Middle finger though!!!
sad.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 23 2011, 02:18 PM) *
Check this out! I have a guitarist friend who is an amazing cook biggrin.gif and he always likes cooking to a groove, so he's practically making a little rhythm to everything he does in the kitchen - it is incredible to see him work biggrin.gif

I have a Chef/Drummer friend who does that too!! It's great fun working with him!!!!
smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Dec 23 2011, 03:37 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 23 2011, 06:58 PM
Instructor
I suck at cooking! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 23 2011, 09:28 PM
Instructor
In the early morning-salt in the coffee instead of sugar dry.gif ( it's a cooking, in a way smile.gif )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 24 2011, 04:33 AM
Instructor
I used to be a bad cook. I would just put water in a pot on the stove and put in spagetti, some vegetables and bacon and just boil it all together. My roommates would always make fun of my cooking. I've gotten better though.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 24 2011, 10:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 24 2011, 03:33 AM) *
I used to be a bad cook. I would just put water in a pot on the stove and put in spagetti, some vegetables and bacon and just boil it all together. My roommates would always make fun of my cooking. I've gotten better though.

Wow, just boil it all together in the same pot ?? So some of the stuff might be cooked and some may not... that's definitely a surprise random dish !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 24 2011, 12:43 PM
Instructor
I will try to learn some real cooking from my mom in 2012! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 25 2011, 12:06 AM
Instructor
I usually forget to turn something off, or put sandwiches in the grill and when I start smelling charcoal I go and check it out huh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 25 2011, 06:02 AM
Learning Roadie
One evening, I was at home by myself for a few hours. My mom called me and asked that I would put a ready-made pizza in the oven. She told me what to set the oven on and to wait before putting the pizza in so the temperature would be right. The pizza cooked fine. The buzzer went off, I put the mitt on and pulled the stone tray out of the oven and set it on the stove. I was feeling really good about myself. smile.gif I took out the pizza cutter and began to cut...cut....CUT....CUT!....It wouldn't cut!! ohmy.gif

I called my mom back and told her the pizza looked fine and ready to eat, but it wouldn't cut! It wasn't burnt. My mom's voice came over the cell phone, "Did you take the cardboard out from under the pizza?" "What cardboard?" I said in disbelief.

That's my biggest mistake and the funniest at that! laugh.gif

Brandon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:17 PM