5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Sequence Collaboration - In Class Collaboration #1, UPLOAD THREAD
Emir Hot
Feb 13 2009, 05:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 13 2009, 04:04 PM) *
Beautiful ideas I like them. You need to clean up sloppy playing it will be great.

Also I don't know why you don't stop when the backing ends?
Most of takes so far (including Emir's) go after B and resolve to C# minor. This is cool when you play in a pop song context, but when backing track is there you have to start and end where you are supposed to do so - otherwise its extra work for me to delete your endings smile.gif

I just had that short note in the end, I can't just cut it like with scissors smile.gif I think it won't be a problem if it enters into the next take.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 05:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 13 2009, 05:09 PM) *
I just had that short note in the end, I can't just cut it like with scissors smile.gif I think it won't be a problem if it enters into the next take.

Gotta love those scissors man biggrin.gif

It could be a problem because I sort takes alphabetically, so if somebody after you enters on downbeat of 1, your extra note and his playing would overlap. Thats the only reason why I avoid it - becomes extra work to cut endings or change the order of soloists. I would rather focus on technical aspect, note choice , sound etc - you get the idea smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Feb 13 2009, 05:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 13 2009, 04:12 PM) *
Gotta love those scissors man biggrin.gif

It could be a problem because I sort takes alphabetically, so if somebody after you enters on downbeat of 1, your extra note and his playing would overlap. Thats the only reason why I avoid it - becomes extra work to cut endings or change the order of soloists. I would rather focus on technical aspect, note choice , sound etc - you get the idea smile.gif

Sorry about that note, I can send again if you want without it. That note is exactly on the bar so just cut the take on the bar, that will take you half a sec to do it smile.gif. I always do these things in my collabs, that's normal in mixing.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 13 2009, 05:16 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 13 2009, 05:04 PM) *
Beautiful ideas I like them. You need to clean up sloppy playing it will be great.

Also I don't know why you don't stop when the backing ends?
Most of takes so far (including Emir's) go after B and resolve to C# minor. This is cool when you play in a pop song context, but when backing track is there you have to start and end where you are supposed to do so - otherwise its extra work for me to delete your endings smile.gif

Ooops I wasn't thinking about a final mix but you're right. I'm going to do some other stuff and they'll be neater I hope wink.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 05:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 13 2009, 05:15 PM) *
Sorry about that note, I can send again if you want without it. That note is exactly on the bar so just cut the take on the bar, that will take you half a sec to do it smile.gif. I always do these things in my collabs, that's normal in mixing.

Yeah no problem man. Little editing doesn't hurt wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 13 2009, 10:41 PM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 13 2009, 08:31 AM) *
Tried this? LAME ENCODER

Hey Stevie
just one more question about this Lame encoder
how does this thing work ? there is nothing to install or so
where do i need to copy the files in there ?

thx for the answer
Harry

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 14 2009, 12:41 PM
hey Pedja
here is a new take
i guess its much better now

what do you think ?

cya
Harry

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sequence_collab_take_2_wbt_mix.mp3 ( 566.25K ) Number of downloads: 135
Attached File  Sequence_collab_take_2_wobt_mix.mp3 ( 566.25K ) Number of downloads: 119

+Quote Post
coloneldrew
Feb 14 2009, 12:48 PM
Alright, I couldn't wait for a yes or no. Been working on this since I posted here last and I think its pretty decent. Not too bad for a rushed/excited/inspired/half-improvised job smile.gif

If there are too many members then oh well. It was a good exercise. Got me to think a lot about where the duplications of phrases are. Thanks very much Pedja!

This post has been edited by coloneldrew: Feb 14 2009, 12:48 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  drew_sequence_1_wbt.mp3 ( 803.64K ) Number of downloads: 172
Attached File  drew_sequence_1_wobt.mp3 ( 803.08K ) Number of downloads: 166

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 14 2009, 05:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (big harry @ Feb 14 2009, 12:41 PM) *
hey Pedja
here is a new take
i guess its much better now

what do you think ?

cya
Harry

Great Harry - exactly what I was looking for !
Thank you

QUOTE (coloneldrew @ Feb 14 2009, 12:48 PM) *
Alright, I couldn't wait for a yes or no. Been working on this since I posted here last and I think its pretty decent. Not too bad for a rushed/excited/inspired/half-improvised job smile.gif

If there are too many members then oh well. It was a good exercise. Got me to think a lot about where the duplications of phrases are. Thanks very much Pedja!

Drew your take sounds good !
You approached it a little differently as on last chord instead of playing sequence you created different idea. I think it would sound even more great if from that idea on the last chord you played, continue to sequence that same idea !
Overall you used everything that I asked but wouldn't mind hearing another take from you with just sequences wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
big harry
Feb 14 2009, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 14 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Great Harry - exactly what I was looking for !
Thank you

THX a lot Mister Teacher
Great to hear such comments biggrin.gif
now i can continue working on my blues solo lesson huh.gif

maybe i try some more takes with different sequences if i get that damn blues solo in mind tongue.gif

cya later guys
Harry

+Quote Post
Canis
Feb 14 2009, 10:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's my take, hope it passes tongue.gif
I can do a new one if it's not exactly what you were looking for smile.gif

After reading all this about cutting endings, I cut mine, since the last note lasted longer then the backing track ^^

Attached File  Canis_Sequence_no_BT.mp3 ( 663.78K ) Number of downloads: 131

Attached File  Canis_Sequence_w_BT.mp3 ( 665.31K ) Number of downloads: 169

--------------------

+Quote Post
coloneldrew
Feb 14 2009, 11:48 PM
I'm confused by what you mean Pedja. I felt that the C minor sequencing was a little over-used throughout my take, so for the ending I decided to make it a nice little E Major feel. Don't know if I'll have time this week to get a new one down, but I'll try smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 14 2009, 11:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coloneldrew @ Feb 14 2009, 11:48 PM) *
I'm confused by what you mean Pedja. I felt that the C minor sequencing was a little over-used throughout my take, so for the ending I decided to make it a nice little E Major feel. Don't know if I'll have time this week to get a new one down, but I'll try smile.gif

Let me try to explain smile.gif

Chord progression was C#min/ B / A / B / X 4 !

Every time the B chord comes at the end you played something different. So you didn't stick to sequence 100% trough it. Thats what I was referring to, as I am trying everybody to focus on just sequence and moving their ideas trough chord progression.

Hope that makes sense.

By the way, your take and approach is fine with me I like it wink.gif

QUOTE (Canis @ Feb 14 2009, 10:57 PM) *
Here's my take, hope it passes tongue.gif
I can do a new one if it's not exactly what you were looking for smile.gif

After reading all this about cutting endings, I cut mine, since the last note lasted longer then the backing track ^^

Attached File  Canis_Sequence_no_BT.mp3 ( 663.78K ) Number of downloads: 131

Attached File  Canis_Sequence_w_BT.mp3 ( 665.31K ) Number of downloads: 169

I like ideas Canis and you did everything like I asked for smile.gif
Like with Harry's first take, ideas are great but execution on some spots could be better - thats technical reference tough. I think if you record same thing one more time you will have everything clean all the way trough. Also make sure that your guitar is 100% in tune with backing track. I think your B string was a bit out of tune thats why I am mentioning that wink.gif

Great ideas, if you get a chance record another one with same ideas, if not no worries I can use this wink.gif

QUOTE (big harry @ Feb 14 2009, 08:23 PM) *
THX a lot Mister Teacher
Great to hear such comments biggrin.gif
now i can continue working on my blues solo lesson huh.gif

maybe i try some more takes with different sequences if i get that damn blues solo in mind tongue.gif

cya later guys
Harry

You welcome Harry. You deserve the praise for this one, great job.
Do more takes if you want to record more sequences I don't mind that at all -its extra credit thats all wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Feb 15 2009, 10:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Here is a first 'simple' take from me. Just followed the sequence concept, nothing more or less and no fancy stuff at all.

Btw, I need to change my strings, as intonation is quite bad currently (sorry).

I will have loads to do during the next week, that's why I already uploaded this, will try to find some time to do something better.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Sequence_collab_VelvetRoger_wBT.mp3 ( 680.16K ) Number of downloads: 132
Attached File  Sequence_collab_VelvetRoger_noBT.mp3 ( 680.16K ) Number of downloads: 106

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 15 2009, 11:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Feb 15 2009, 10:59 PM) *
Here is a first 'simple' take from me. Just followed the sequence concept, nothing more or less and no fancy stuff at all.

Btw, I need to change my strings, as intonation is quite bad currently (sorry).

I will have loads to do during the next week, that's why I already uploaded this, will try to find some time to do something better.

Cool stuff Roger, exactly what I was looking for in this collaboration.

Doesn't have to be technical but everybody needs to nail the concept down, which you did.

Thanks smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Feb 15 2009, 11:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 15 2009, 11:11 PM) *
Doesn't have to be technical but everybody needs to nail the concept down, which you did.

Thanks smile.gif

That's exactly the reason why I posted this already smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 16 2009, 12:30 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Berko, I was smiling by the time I got done listening to your take. wink.gif Very nice!

QUOTE (berko @ Feb 13 2009, 07:54 AM) *
Ok, my 1st attempt. I kept it simple first, the only jumping around that occurs is in the 3rd section. I only kept the root note as landing note in the 1st section, but I returned to the idea an octave higher in the very last one.

Playing is sloppy at some places because I still need to get used to such tone not as compressed as in overdrive and that has much dynamics.

I love this chord progression so I'll hope I'll be able to come up with more smile.gif

[attachment=13508:sequence...ab_berko.mp3]

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 16 2009, 04:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Pedja, I'll pass.

I dont have that much time to record and it's pretty difficult to record here so it'll be for next time. smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 16 2009, 05:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Feb 16 2009, 04:57 PM) *
Pedja, I'll pass.

I dont have that much time to record and it's pretty difficult to record here so it'll be for next time. smile.gif

No problem man. There is a week left to record your take so if you decide to do it and find time, feel free to do so smile.gif

Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 17 2009, 03:10 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Here's my take Pedja. Looking forward to your feedback. smile.gif

Attached File  20090216_Pedja_Seq_wBacking.mp3 ( 800.82K ) Number of downloads: 172

Attached File  20090216_Pedja_Seq_noBacking.mp3 ( 800.82K ) Number of downloads: 123

Jim.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:14 AM