New Solo I've Wrote
Kalidia
Jan 2 2013, 10:34 PM
Learning Roadie
This is a solo i've just composed for the new song (written with my band) called "Doll House". Though I still need to practice it at lower tempo and improve some detail i'm pretty happy with it smile.gif It consist of two part, the first is pretty quiet and the second more aggressive and speedy biggrin.gif

YouTube Link

hope you like it! feel free to comment!
Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 2 2013, 11:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Jan 2 2013, 10:34 PM) *
This is a solo i've just composed for the new song (written with my band) called "Doll House". Though I still need to practice it at lower tempo and improve some detail i'm pretty happy with it smile.gif It consist of two part, the first is pretty quiet and the second more aggressive and speedy biggrin.gif

YouTube Link

hope you like it! feel free to comment!
Cheers!
to be honest with my comment , its a great start, however it sounds a little out of tune, try tuning your guitar or if that is not the problems you will need to get your bends a little more to the correct pitch, also if you can give your vibrato a wider swell it will make it more passionate

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 3 2013, 02:00 AM
Instructor
I like the composition! It's a good solo! but I agree with jstcrsn about the pitch or tuning issue, there is something wrong with it. Try to check out your tuning before the next time you record yourself. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 3 2013, 08:09 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Good morning Kalidia !

I like this melody its good !

The STRAT sounds good to me too , of course my ears are not yet that fine to here the tuning issue,

Good nice melody and cool guitar !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 3 2013, 10:06 AM
Instructor
Good morning ! Always nice to see a new solo or creation from a GMCer smile.gif

I think the general idea of the solo is good, however I wouldn't do those last 2 picking runs at the end, if it were me. Only because they definitely sound too much like 'exercises'. If it's a slow tempo, then long picking runs tend to sound like exercises no matter what you do. What I would do is replace the first picking run with more melody and keep the second picking run but when I get near the top, I would vary the tempo of the notes.

It's a bit like the message I was trying to get across in my lesson, Set the Pace. Vary the note values to make a run sound more interesting:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Set-The-Pace/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 3 2013, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, this sounds good to my ears as a composition, but as Gabe said, there's something fishy with the tuning issue - try to check if the guitar is ok before hitting the red light biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Jan 5 2013, 11:37 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for all the comment! I really appreciate them! @ Ben You're totally right (as always smile.gif ) and I have to spending some time to learning setting the pace, up to now i have some timing issue to correct to make it sound good!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2013, 03:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Jan 5 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Thanks for all the comment! I really appreciate them! @ Ben You're totally right (as always smile.gif ) and I have to spending some time to learning setting the pace, up to now i have some timing issue to correct to make it sound good!

Please do post the new recording after it's ready wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Jan 5 2013, 08:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Sure! I'm on it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kalidia
Jan 5 2013, 09:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok here the second edition of the solo smile.gif Now the tuning should be better (sorry for the last one but my strato has some intonation issue, this gibson (kindly borrowed by my girlfriend) is in tune (almost!) ).

I have tried to follow Ben's advice, not sure if I succeded! I need to practice more scale run and get confident with tempo change, also I haven't really get the sextuplet down well yet dry.gif So these are the problems with the last part but I get the concept of setting the pace wink.gif Here's the link

Solo - YouTube

I'm gonna continue to work on this, so this will not be the final version. Also i'm gonna record this song with my band hopefully at the end of the year so I have time to work on these and also to improve on guitar.
Let me know what you think!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 6 2013, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Howdy mate! Indeed, the tuning is ok now and the tone sounds good too! Timing is what you have to work on, as some of the licks are a little off beat. Practice slowly and be convinced of what you want to play and where and when you want to play it. The solo can be a simple one but if played with conviction and feeling, it can work wonders in the listener's ear smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 6 2013, 12:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Jan 5 2013, 08:59 PM) *
Ok here the second edition of the solo smile.gif Now the tuning should be better (sorry for the last one but my strato has some intonation issue, this gibson (kindly borrowed by my girlfriend) is in tune (almost!) ).

I have tried to follow Ben's advice, not sure if I succeded! I need to practice more scale run and get confident with tempo change, also I haven't really get the sextuplet down well yet dry.gif So these are the problems with the last part but I get the concept of setting the pace wink.gif Here's the link

Solo - YouTube

I'm gonna continue to work on this, so this will not be the final version. Also i'm gonna record this song with my band hopefully at the end of the year so I have time to work on these and also to improve on guitar.
Let me know what you think!

Yes, you're getting the idea now of varying the note tempos in a run - good stuff !

I've noticed another thing you may want to work on too. In the beginning you do a bit of finger shifting. In some cases, you're moving to another fret and your finger frets the note just slightly before you pick it. Try to make your note shifts more defined. Either have them definitely as just slides or definitely pick them but try to line up the finger movement with the pick strikes. It's nothing big, it'll just makes things sound a bit tighter smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:25 PM