4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
C`mon Guys Gimme A Vote :d, Dean Shredder Contest
ZakkWylde
Sep 1 2008, 04:19 PM
Learning Tone Master
11 from me aswell. What pickups did you put in? They sounded damn fine to me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 1 2008, 04:24 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 1 2008, 04:19 PM) *
11 from me aswell. What pickups did you put in? They sounded damn fine to me.

yea I`d highly recomend them, Kent Armstrongs, "Rocker" in the neck and his "Super Distortion" in the bridge smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 1 2008, 04:57 PM
GMC:er
I'm sorry to be the one to break the cheerful comments, but I gotta be honest tongue.gif

You defintly match up to the requirements of the competition technique wise, which is to just shred the F*** out of you'r guitar, but in all honesty there's no way you will win or even come close to winning..

Before you bash me, let me explain! while the competition is about shredding, the main aspect of the competition is showmanship, they even uploaded several videos of Dean staff members including Michael Angelo Batio, talking about it! so in my opinion, you presented a preety boring video, and if you'r really serious about attempting to win this thing, you should consider making a new, more intresting video.

You know I respect you and you'r skills Chris, so I hope you don't take this the wrong way, and I voted 11 just for the hell of it wink.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 1 2008, 05:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Voted! Chris for the win indeed smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
inertia
Sep 1 2008, 05:14 PM
dude that was stellar, 11 from me!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 1 2008, 05:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smells @ Sep 1 2008, 01:37 PM) *
laugh.gif I knew you`d ask me that, I was being lazy, I broke a string on the custom and used the Ibanez instead of changing it, plus I`ve changed the pups on the Ibanez and was trying it out smile.gif

Thanks for your votes guys biggrin.gif

Ahh,cool,I thought you broke its neck or som laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Sep 1 2008, 06:05 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Sep 1 2008, 04:57 PM) *
I'm sorry to be the one to break the cheerful comments, but I gotta be honest tongue.gif

You defintly match up to the requirements of the competition technique wise, which is to just shred the F*** out of you'r guitar, but in all honesty there's no way you will win or even come close to winning..

Before you bash me, let me explain! while the competition is about shredding, the main aspect of the competition is showmanship, they even uploaded several videos of Dean staff members including Michael Angelo Batio, talking about it! so in my opinion, you presented a preety boring video, and if you'r really serious about attempting to win this thing, you should consider making a new, more intresting video.

Owch, I'm sure he was entering the video to have a good time. Not with the full intent of winning. tongue.gif

And in all seriousness, I doubt many people could play what Chris played while head banging. smile.gif

Voted an 11 of course. smile.gif

tj

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 1 2008, 06:21 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Sep 1 2008, 04:57 PM) *

You know I respect you and you'r skills Chris, so I hope you don't take this the wrong way, and I voted 11 just for the hell of it wink.gif

laugh.gif well I thank you for your vote, I appreciate it, your also spot on, there is no way on earth that I`ll come slightly close to winning, I would say also that 90% of the entries dont actually match up to the criteria stated by the advertisments, I dont take the comment the wrong way as I said before your absolutly right, if I felt I had a "real" chance of winning then yes I would have done something slightly different, but it is all in the name of "fun" smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Sep 1 2008, 06:39 PM
Instructor
Great one!
I gave you an 11 man! :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Sep 1 2008, 07:03 PM
Nice solo, 11!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 1 2008, 07:06 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Sep 1 2008, 07:21 PM) *
laugh.gif well I thank you for your vote, I appreciate it, your also spot on, there is no way on earth that I`ll come slightly close to winning, I would say also that 90% of the entries dont actually match up to the criteria stated by the advertisments, I dont take the comment the wrong way as I said before your absolutly right, if I felt I had a "real" chance of winning then yes I would have done something slightly different, but it is all in the name of "fun" smile.gif

Yup that was my guess, just wanted to cover all corners smile.gif you probably will be rated atleast in the top 20 though.. as alot of the entries don't even meet the shredding criteria!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Sep 1 2008, 07:08 PM
Great! wink.gif I must say you make some funny faces in the video that remind me of Dave Murray. Maybe it's something genetically with all Brits? blink.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 1 2008, 07:17 PM
QUOTE (IDontWantMyUsername @ Sep 1 2008, 07:08 PM) *
Great! wink.gif I must say you make some funny faces in the video that remind me of Dave Murray. Maybe it's something genetically with all Brits? blink.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif dont! my wife fell on the floor laughing when she watched it, and the funniest part is, I didnt even know I was doing it blink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 1 2008, 07:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Smells @ Sep 1 2008, 08:17 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif dont! my wife fell on the floor laughing when she watched it, and the funniest part is, I didnt even know I was doing it blink.gif laugh.gif

Don't be ashamed tongue.gif The reason I love Gary Moore so much, is that he really shows his emotions, and have a boatload of face expressions that comes with them ^^

This post has been edited by Canis: Sep 1 2008, 07:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Sep 1 2008, 07:35 PM
That was nuts! I don't think I need to tell you what I voted!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
kahall
Sep 1 2008, 07:43 PM
Learning Roadie
I only gave you an 11, sorry, but it was because it is F'n awesome! Good job!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 1 2008, 08:01 PM
QUOTE (kahall @ Sep 1 2008, 07:43 PM) *
I only gave you an 11, sorry, but it was because it is F'n awesome! Good job!

mad.gif laugh.gif thanks mate biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
seagull
Sep 1 2008, 08:15 PM
You play so much better than I'd expected! Kick-ass playing! Voted 11, and now, you're even ranked higher than Muris! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Sep 3 2008, 02:13 AM
Wow, AMAZING. I remember when I first got here, Smells was the first cat that struck me as amazing besides the instructors. You got an 11 from me brother - Hope when I'm your age I'm shredding away like that. Anyways, why the heck aren't you an instructor by now?

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Sep 3 2008, 02:27 AM
ELEVEN!

Smells....great job..

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:48 PM