About Mic Preamp, Line6 Ux1 and art tube mic pre
Renan
Apr 19 2013, 07:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
I will copy here the mesaage which i already wrote to the community forum of line6
I have the UX1 and i bought a microphone , and when i learned that there wasn't any "phantom power" so i bought ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp . It still doesn't works. First , when i connect the adapter to the preamp, the lights were on but after a few seconds lights went off and there was a smell of burning, then i realized that the adapter was burned. That's because i live in Turkey, and i know that i have to plug the adapter with a thing that lowers the electricity . The adapter burned but there weren't any smell coming from my preamp. After , i plugged my other 9V adapter which doesn't have any problem. The lights came back but there's still no voice. I plugged the microphone cable to the input and the output cable was plugged to my pod studio. The analog meter wasn't moving. Maybe i didn't plugged everything well? I even tried on the guitar but the result was same. There's a little button which has to be turn green when it works, but there's no light there.
Here , i took some photos to show you if it's correct or not:

this is the input ,

which goes to the microphone :

and this is the output ,

which goes to the pod studio:

are there any problems? might some of the electrical circuits inside of the preamp was burned? help me please

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 20 2013, 12:08 PM
Instructor
Hmmm, mate, there might be a possibility for it to be burned - I am not sure though. You should also contact the Line 6 distributor, where you have purchased the item - was it in a physical shop or, over the internet?

If you bought it in a physical shop, why not talk to the guys there? They usually have a repair shop and take care of items, if they are authorized by the producer.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 20 2013, 12:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You need to select an input you wish to use for ux1 in gearbox or podfarm software. It will offer you selection of "Mic", "Line", "Instrument". That might be causing the meters not to move and not being able to hear the sound from the mic. Hope its something simple as this smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 20 2013, 02:49 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Apr 20 2013, 07:19 AM) *
You need to select an input you wish to use for ux1 in gearbox or podfarm software. It will offer you selection of "Mic", "Line", "Instrument". That might be causing the meters not to move and not being able to hear the sound from the mic. Hope its something simple as this smile.gif

Also to add a bit more help in aiding you. What microphone is it? Because not all of them require phantom power, I used a Sure SM57 and a Sennhiser e609 before and neither of them required to use it. I believe that is used for condenser microphones.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2013, 03:34 PM
Instructor
I think that what Cosmin says could be right but before that you should try the selection that Bogdan suggested, because I would affirm that something is burned if the lights are working.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 20 2013, 03:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I have the same setup with the UX1 and a mic / guitar. you definitely need a mic with phantom power and it looks like you have that part setup correctly.
you should have the light on the top displaying as green as this indicates it is correctly connected to the PC. If you have a red light or no light then there is an issue. No light at all sounds like its not connected to the PC or there is a problem with the UX1.

This post has been edited by bleez: Apr 20 2013, 03:43 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 21 2013, 02:21 PM
Instructor
Let us know what the outcome is mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Renan
Apr 21 2013, 02:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi guys, i realised that the adapter wasn't enough and bought another one , and it's working know smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 21 2013, 04:24 PM
Instructor
Hehe, it's always the little things that put us into trouble, right?

Glad you figured it out without too much fuss smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 21 2013, 04:24 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:11 PM