> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Progressive Punk Rock, Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
5 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

sereno71
May 17 2016, 09:53 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Progressive Punk Rock by Guido Bungenstock

here's my REC of the lesson. sound quality depends on ipad recorder.. if you have some feedback and good advice to improve i'd really appreciate thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2016, 03:48 PM
Instructor
Hi friend! Congrats on your first REC take here! smile.gif

You already have the technique to master this lesson, but you need to continue practising in order to adjust some important elements:

- Timing: This is the most important issue to fix. You tend to play after the beat in many parts. This can be related to attention while playing. You are surely thinking on many elements so you don't think on timing. The more you practice it, the more elements will become natural.

- Smooth changes: You need to minimize the silences that appear when changing chords, and mostly when connecting chords with riffs. Try to make this connections the smoother possible.

- Cleanness: Some phrases and passages are not sounding clear. This is related to hands sync, so isolate the tricky sections and practice them over metronome until you feel more comfortable.

Regarding the audio of you video, I think that you can improve it a lot without any investment. Please check this video and contact me if you need any help:

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 20 2016, 09:52 AM
Instructor
Hi there. This is a hard lesson to play and there a few things to work on:

Picking - I notice you use downstrokes nearly all the time. Using downstrokes will limit your speed and use more energy than necessary. If you watch Guido you'll see that he uses alternate picking (downstrokes and upstrokes) for all of those single note runs between the chords. This will help you stay more relaxed and is a more efficient way of playing.

Palm muting - During some of the riffs, at 0:10 for example, you need to add some palm muting. This is where you rest the side of your hand against the strings whilst picking to get that chunky sound. At the moment, you're letting the strings ring all the time. You need to practise so you can hit the chord and let it ring for a short time then immediately switch to palm muting.

On the section at 0:39 you also need to touch your hand against the strings to get silence between each chord hit. After you play the chord with an upstroke, just just bring the side of your hand against the strings, cutting off the sound. Practise this slowly and you'll eventually be able to move between no muting and palm muting quickly.

I did a video on this subject once - it may help

Timing - there are times when you're behind the beat but also times where you're ahead. Your fretting hand fingers are not yet comfortable with the lines in this lesson so they're stumbling over the notes.

There's a few different things to think about but don't let it overwhelm you. We all had to go through these same things too. Just give yourself time and only aim for small improvements.. it will all mount up and lead to a big improvement over time. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 23 2016, 06:15 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

First of all - answering your recording tips request. If you have no chance to record thourgh DAW by line out of your amp/stomp multi-fx or mic, then best choice is to put the phone/iPad/iPod in front of the speakers (just like you were trying to make a photo of those). It also important to put guitar amp at the same place where speakers are and rotate it in the same direction as audio speakers. This way you can caputre best sound with best clarity and minimum phase issues between sound from the speakers and sound of guitar amp.

As for the take.
You have some technical headroom for this lesson but you need to take care of detials much more. In this case timing is the thing (matter of focus and/or rehearsal conditions) and noise control (unwanted strings ringing under those you play). Take a look at Guido original video. After he hits all the strings, he immediately touches them with a part of his right palm. This way they do not ring over the next licks you'll be playing. You also need to work on your pal muting. It douns too "open". It should have more of a percussive feel. Experiment with your right hand position and pressure to the strings.

+Quote Post
Fran
May 27 2016, 11:25 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 4.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:46 AM