Pinky Problem
browq
Mar 31 2007, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys. Hope one of you can help me

I'm having a problem with my pinky. I'm having this problem with various exercices but especially with cromatic exercices. When i play the 4th note on a string and move to anoter to play the exact same pattern My pinky always moves verry far away from the fretboard. I play with my thumb wrapped around the neck AND with my thumb in the middle of the neck but that doesn't solve it

So far this has not been a problem for me cause my current speed doesn't require the pinky to be close to the fretboard. But i can imagin that when my speed increases i reach a level where i need the pinky to be constantly close to the fretboard to be able to play at that speed. My question is: What do i need to do to keep my pinky close to the fretboard?, I pratice a lot of pavel's legato lessons so my stamina in the pinky will increase. And my second question is: Will my pinky stay close to the fretboard automatically when i reach a certain speed? Or do i need to develop that ability by just trying to keep the pinky close to the fretboard?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
betschart
Mar 31 2007, 11:24 PM
How long have you been playing? I have only been playing for a year and a half and my pinky sometimes wants to retreat back to my hand. I can't speak for this but I think you just have to practice and concentrate to tame the pinky into not flinging back every time you play a note. I have been practicing seriously for about three or four months and I have made more progress than I could have imagined. So… you just have to keep practicing and don't short cut anyway through technique. As they say... practice makes perfect.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by betschart: Mar 31 2007, 11:25 PM

--------------------
Epi LP Custom (Bare Knuckle Black Dogs)
Cheap Strat Copy
Taylor Baby Acoustic
Some pedals & a Pod XT Live
Fender Hot Rod DeVille

+Quote Post
browq
Mar 31 2007, 11:37 PM
oke

So it's just a matter of dicipline and pratice. No problem for me! biggrin.gif

thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:15 PM