Hardrock Songs To Play In Bars ..
ruben_mcn
Apr 2 2010, 04:36 PM
Learning Roadie
What in your experience are some nice hard rock / metal songs to play in bars ???

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 2 2010, 04:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 2 2010, 05:01 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Motorhead - Ace of spades
Whitesnake - Here I go Again
Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane
Anything from AC/DC
Metallica - Seek and destroy
etc
etc

Generally thing is to choose only biggest hits of the appropriate bands as most of the audience will only know those songs that are hits...And they allays go great on bar gigs.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Apr 2 2010, 05:01 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 2 2010, 05:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Bogdan I know it has to be some well known hits songs ... but i allways had this problem of choosing songs on my own :S I can´t remmeber any song when i try to ..so that´s why I had to ask you guys for help ...

I tougth of playn some Bon jovi and Iron Maiden .. Do you guys think its a good ideia ??? somthing like you give love a bad name , number of the beast and the trooper ..

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 2 2010, 05:11 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 2 2010, 05:42 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Bon Jovi and Iron Maiden sound fine... Trooper always works...Maybe some "ballad" like Wasted Years or Fear Of The Dark would work too...Regarding Bon Jovi hits like Runaway and You give love a bad name always work well! smile.gif
You should approach the set list like this : write down bands you with to include of the appropriate genres. Then go through the discography (or search online) to see which are the biggest hits (if you don't know them yourself) and that's it...2 songs per 1 band is enough for bar gigs. You want to have it versatile...

QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Apr 2 2010, 06:08 PM) *
Thanks Bogdan I know it has to be some well known hits songs ... but i allways had this problem of choosing songs on my own :S I can´t remmeber any song when i try to ..so that´s why I had to ask you guys for help ...

I tougth of playn some Bon jovi and Iron Maiden .. Do you guys think its a good ideia ??? somthing like you give love a bad name , number of the beast and the trooper ..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 2 2010, 05:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Bogdan smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 2 2010, 05:46 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Anything by George Thorogood, There all pretty much the same anyway laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 2 2010, 06:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks the Uncreator smile.gif

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 2 2010, 10:31 PM
Learning Roadie
NO one else wants to share what they play at gigs ???

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Apr 3 2010, 01:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
What kind of bar are we talking about?

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 3 2010, 02:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
We dont really do "Hard" rock mate, mostly blues/rock numbers, always find that RATM's killing in the name of goes down well, you may have to be creative with the ending though depending on the bar!! always see a bit of sabbath getting asked for too, paranoid etc and anything by the foo fighters (Some of it is quite metal) goes down well, the pretender, DOA etc.
Id love to do some queens of the stone age and crooked vultures but you have to wonder about the overall appeal i suppose.

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 3 2010, 09:19 PM
Learning Roadie
to skewlbuzz: Small bars XD where people go to listen to some classic hardrock , 80´s stuff and some older metal ...

tosted: thanks for the tips man ..

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 3 2010, 11:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Apr 2 2010, 04:36 PM) *
What in your experience are some nice hard rock / metal songs to play in bars ???

when i used to play them , we would look to see if the cover was ever on the top 100
if it was it is more likely the song will get the crowd into it

+Quote Post
zen
Apr 4 2010, 12:50 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Add some ACDC songs to the list .. easy to play too and have the good ol rock feel to em. If you're too adventurous, you can't go wrong with thunderstruck. tongue.gif Any of their hits would do the trick actually.

General bar audience doesn't really like much metal to be honest. And metal to them starts and ends at metallica tongue.gif .. But if you wanna play it, then stick to the most famous songs like enter sandman, sad but true, unforgiven, unforgiven II that the public mustve heard at some time or the other.

I reckon Maiden's run to the hills would be great as you can extend the chorus ..pull the crowd into it and the whole freakin bar can scream run to the hills !!! laugh.gif (even the ones that dont know the song - that's the trick tongue.gif )

Add some foo fighters to the list too . Hope this helps.

edit - try some judas priest too .. the mellower tracks like 'uve got another thing coming & breakin the law'..

This post has been edited by zen: Apr 4 2010, 01:31 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 4 2010, 02:26 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks ZEn smile.gif that was really helpfull

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:35 AM