2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Guitar Day!
Todd Simpson
Jun 19 2014, 11:34 PM
GMC:er
Fell victim again to GEAR BUYING!!!! smile.gif Got a Neck Through Body Ibby!!!! She is a beauty!!!!

Checked all my "can't say no" boxes!

IBBY RGT42FM1

1.)Mahogany body (crazy sustain)
2.)Neck Through (for sustain)
3.)Ibby!
4.)Crazy thin neck
5.)Quilted Maple Red Top.

Just had to pull the trigger smile.gif

Attached Image

The INF pickups could be improved but they are Dimarzio made so I'll give em a shot smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 20 2014, 12:03 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 20 2014, 12:39 AM
You go through guitars like I go through socks! Congratulations on your beautiful new purchase!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jun 20 2014, 02:03 AM
EEEEEE!!!! Everyone loves a new Ibby day! I know I sure do! wub.gif

I've haven't seen a Ibby with neck through in a really long time. Tho pickups are pretty bland tho, so that I would say is something like what 06-09 area of built. Bet it will play great when setup, with that 17-20(21)mm neck! So Jelly over here man!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 20 2014, 09:19 AM
Instructor
Oh, the retail demon has struck again !!

How many guitars are now in your possession T-Man ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 20 2014, 12:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
damn it T-Dawg, I really want an ibanez now cool.gif

Is the RG370 a half decent model?

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 20 2014, 03:21 PM
Hell Todd, that's a sweet looking thing and will sustain for days!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 20 2014, 12:47 PM) *

They are if you can find a Korean made one rather than the Indonesian ones. I have a Korean RG350, the difference between the 350 and 370 is anything ending in -50 has a scratchplate and a -70 has body mounted Pickups and controls. try to find a 2nd hand one if you can, the Korean models were the earlier run.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 20 2014, 09:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 20 2014, 03:21 PM) *
Hell Todd, that's a sweet looking thing and will sustain for days!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

They are if you can find a Korean made one rather than the Indonesian ones. I have a Korean RG350, the difference between the 350 and 370 is anything ending in -50 has a scratchplate and a -70 has body mounted Pickups and controls. try to find a 2nd hand one if you can, the Korean models were the earlier run.
smile.gif

thanks. Probably would be the Indonesian one, are they not so good?
I did like the white RG350 as well.
Im VERY tempted to get one smile.gif

This post has been edited by bleez: Jun 20 2014, 09:09 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 21 2014, 03:38 AM
I try really hard to keep it around half a dozen, ish. smile.gif

Much more than that and I can't really play them all enough. However, I've bought THREE guitars in the past 30 days so I'm waaaaaaaaay over my limit.

I plan on spiffing some of them up and selling them though. Probably this one once she is looking nice and cleaned up again smile.gif Needs some love.

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 20 2014, 04:19 AM) *
Oh, the retail demon has struck again !!

How many guitars are now in your possession T-Man ? smile.gif

I've never met an RG that I didn't like smile.gif Well, maybe a Gio or two. But yeah, the RG370 is one I hope to add at some point smile.gif Like many an ibby, could benefit from custom pickups of course smile.gif . A fine point was mentioned about the Korean versions. It sorta goes

MIJ>KOREAN>INDONESIAN

Having said that, I like some of the indonesian models just fine smile.gif But you can usually get a better deal if you find a used KOREAN and it has probably already had the floating trem setup which can save money and might already have upgrades pickups as well ohmy.gif )

*I checked the price on that model you posted and I plan on selling this neck through model for less than they are asking for the bolt on once I clean up the frets and set it up. You can find similar deals in some shops and ebay but you gotta be careful smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 20 2014, 07:47 AM) *
damn it T-Dawg, I really want an ibanez now cool.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 21 2014, 03:42 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 21 2014, 08:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 21 2014, 03:38 AM) *
I try really hard to keep it around half a dozen, ish. smile.gif

Much more than that and I can't really play them all enough. However, I've bought THREE guitars in the past 30 days so I'm waaaaaaaaay over my limit.

I plan on spiffing some of them up and selling them though. Probably this one once she is looking nice and cleaned up again smile.gif Needs some love.

Todd

How are you getting on with the RC8 ?

Look forward to hearing some compositions with the low F# smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 21 2014, 06:41 PM
Liking it smile.gif Still can't believe it's an 8. Feels like a 7!! Working on some tracks featuring the low F# tongue.gif)

Lots of folks tune the low string to a standard E one octave below the standard low e 6th string. I can see why, it makes lots of things easier. However, at that point, why have an 8 string? Why not just use an octave pedal? Seems almost like a cop out. Not cheating though smile.gif

I'm working also on using the low 2 strings in solo work which still feels odd!! Much more so than the 7 string.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 21 2014, 03:30 AM) *
How are you getting on with the RC8 ?

Look forward to hearing some compositions with the low F# smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 21 2014, 07:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 21 2014, 06:41 PM) *
Liking it smile.gif Still can't believe it's an 8. Feels like a 7!! Working on some tracks featuring the low F# tongue.gif)

Lots of folks tune the low string to a standard E one octave below the standard low e 6th string. I can see why, it makes lots of things easier. However, at that point, why have an 8 string? Why not just use an octave pedal? Seems almost like a cop out. Not cheating though smile.gif

I'm working also on using the low 2 strings in solo work which still feels odd!! Much more so than the 7 string.

I believe Rusty uses his 8 in a different way and keeps B as the lowest note and has an extra high string.. another A !! But from what he's said you can't really bend it. I'm not sure if he still does that or not.

Would be interesting to know if anybody else does it as well. It would always be killer to get even higher notes.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 21 2014, 08:21 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 20 2014, 09:06 PM) *
thanks. Probably would be the Indonesian one, are they not so good?
I did like the white RG350 as well.
Im VERY tempted to get one smile.gif

Let's just say that their quality Control wasn't as good as the Korean ones!
Whichever way you go they are great value for money. I got mine 2nd hand and later swapped out the P/ups for a JB Jnr/Jazz (Bridge/Neck) and a Dimarzio Evolution single/coil in the middle.
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 22 2014, 07:47 PM
YUP!!! Rusty actually plays it like an 8 smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 21 2014, 02:55 PM) *
I believe Rusty uses his 8 in a different way and keeps B as the lowest note and has an extra high string.. another A !! But from what he's said you can't really bend it. I'm not sure if he still does that or not.

Would be interesting to know if anybody else does it as well. It would always be killer to get even higher notes.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 26 2014, 08:29 AM
Learning Roadie
Seriously Todd, between you and Rick Graham, my GAS for a Ibanez RG which I thought had gone is still lingering in the back of my mind.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2014, 11:03 PM
Rick is a KILLER player with AWESOME taste in chops and guitars smile.gif

I am a HUGE fan of his work and I am jonesing BAD for his Reverse Headstock all original RG560!!!!! Super Rare. They were only made in a limited run for guitar center and few exist in playable condition. They had the super thin 17mm necks that were prone to "Catastrophic Warpage" under heavy gauge strings. But with a pair of 9s LOOKOUT!!!! He also has a rare RG565 with reverse headstock. He's got just a killer ibby collection. Here it is!!!

Attached Image

Here he is RIPPING IT UP On his RG565 smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 26 2014, 03:29 AM) *
Seriously Todd, between you and Rick Graham, my GAS for a Ibanez RG which I thought had gone is still lingering in the back of my mind.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 26 2014, 11:08 PM

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jun 27 2014, 07:06 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 26 2014, 11:03 PM) *
Rick is a KILLER player with AWESOME taste in chops and guitars smile.gif

I am a HUGE fan of his work and I am jonesing BAD for his Reverse Headstock all original RG560!!!!! Super Rare. They were only made in a limited run for guitar center and few exist in playable condition. They had the super thin 17mm necks that were prone to "Catastrophic Warpage" under heavy gauge strings. But with a pair of 9s LOOKOUT!!!! He also has a rare RG565 with reverse headstock. He's got just a killer ibby collection. Here it is!!!

Attached Image

Here he is RIPPING IT UP On his RG565 smile.gif

Todd

I watched Rick latest video which was a Q and A video. He sold one of his Ibanez guitars on Ebay not to long ago and someone asked him why he sold it and I got the impression that he might me selling more. He never answered the question on that video he said he would answer that today.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2014, 06:14 PM
He sold one of his JCUSTOM guitars on ebay. I almost bid on it myself!!! I hope he sells more so I can bid on a few smile.gif I"m guessing he is thinning out his collection to buy more/different guitars. He ibby collection is killer but perhaps a bit one sided. He might want to add some sort of snooty custom from Romania or something just for balance smile.gif

As to WHY he's selling them off. HE"S NOW AN ESP ENDORSED ARTIST!!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Jun 27 2014, 02:06 AM) *
I watched Rick latest video which was a Q and A video. He sold one of his Ibanez guitars on Ebay not to long ago and someone asked him why he sold it and I got the impression that he might me selling more. He never answered the question on that video he said he would answer that today.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 27 2014, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Jun 27 2014, 11:44 PM
nice addition to your collection, come on, who could resist?☆

This post has been edited by Hammerhead: Jun 27 2014, 11:46 PM

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 28 2014, 03:01 AM
Thanks smile.gif Yeah, I couldn't say no!! They had me @ FLAMED MAPLE!!! smile.gif I took it to the shop today to replace the INFINITY pups with CUSTOM HOMEWRECKERS!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Jun 27 2014, 06:44 PM) *
nice addition to your collection, come on, who could resist?☆

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 28 2014, 09:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 27 2014, 06:14 PM) *
As to WHY he's selling them off. HE"S NOW AN ESP ENDORSED ARTIST!!!!!!

Attached Image

He looks very intense in that pic, like an ex soldier !

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:19 PM