Practicing Outside The Strings ? Help
jstcrsn
Mar 28 2009, 03:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
I narrowed my weakness to this. but don,t know how to improve . it only seems to accur when my licks are ascending. i can play the descending at 135 triplets also many of the runs that descend in the lessons i have very little trouble with ,but once the lick starts ascending i am in major trouble. the problem is that my click needs to be at 120 16ths if it is less then that my pick hand pivots at the wrist and i can play slow and comfortable like this but when i try to play faster my hand locks, the pick slips and evenrtually falls out of my hand ,been practicing for two years from 80 16 ths to 120 triplets with metronome, without metronome ,with muris's slower tracks that have keybords playing the notes, don't know how to get over the edge ,ready to smash axe

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 28 2009, 03:39 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Well, smashing your guitar won't really make you faster so I would recommend a different solution wink.gif You should definitely continue to practice this with a click, and you will have to be patient, building up speed can take time. Just make sure you start practicing at a speed that feels fine for you and only increase it in small steps.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 28 2009, 07:23 PM
Instructor
I agree with Marcus, smashing the guitar will make your heart go faster, but not your hands. ohmy.gif Just be patient, and focus on your problem. I think the positive thing is that you are aware of the problems that you have - now it is time to systematically overcome them. This is what we all do in general. Try to find the best way to practice those ascending runs and dedicate more time in practicing them. Start very slow, and stay slow for a while. Don't go from 60 quarters > 120 sixteen triplets in one day. Take it step by step, and make sure you are spot on in picking the notes, so every one comes out clear as a bell. After a while of following this very simple rule you will start to see the results.

PS take care of your guitar cool.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:40 AM