2 Pages V   1 2 >  
String Skipping S.i. Lesson, for Beginners
enforcer
Jan 5 2009, 04:09 AM
GMC:er
Hi GMCers,

My name's Can Karakuzulu, I am a 26 years old guy from Istanbul, Turkey and I've been playing electric guitar for nine beautiful years. I partly share Kris' story about being recently serious about electric guitar and I assure you GMC is the best place to do this. I am one of the chosen intermediate mentors from our MTP program.

I proudly present you my first SI Video String Skipping for Beginners, it is easy as usefull, and you can use it anytime even as a warm-up exercice:

String Skipping Exercice for Beginners

I advise you to firstly memorize the exercise, than set your metronome to a slow speed, and play. Increasing gradually the speed, try to make no mistakes, if you do so lower the speed to the previous bpm. This will help you develop speed without sacrificing the notes.

You will notice that I used '1-3-4' (index-ring-pinky) finger scheme, you can (and should) use also '1-2-4' (index-middle-pinky) replacing 5-7-8 position with 5-6-8 and '1-2-4wide' replacing 5-7-8 with 5-7-9.

Exercice tabs:

Form 1: (1-3-4)

E|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
B|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
G|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
D|---------------------|---------------------|------7----8----7----|------7----5----7----|
A|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
E|-5----7----8----7----|-8----7----5----7----|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|

-

E|---------------------|---------------------|------7----8----7----|------7----5----7----|
B|------7----8----7----|------7----5----7----|---------------------|---------------------|
G|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
D|---------------------|---------------------|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|
A|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
E|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|

-

E|------7----8----7----|------7----5----7----|------7----8----7----|------7----5----7----|
B|---------------------|---------------------|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|
G|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
D|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
A|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|

-

E|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|
B|------7----8----7----|------7----5----7----|---------------------|---------------------|
G|---------------------|---------------------|------7----8----7----|------7----5----7----|
D|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|

-

E|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|
B|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|---------------------|
D|------7----8----7----|------7----5----7----|---------------------|---------------------|
A|---------------------|---------------------|------7----8----7----|------7----5----7----|

-

E|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|--------|
B|---------------------|---------------------|--------|
G|---------------------|---------------------|--------|
D|---------------------|---------------------|-7------|
A|---------------------|---------------------|-7------|
E|------7----8----7----|------7----5----7----|-5------|

Form 2: (1-2-4)

D|---------------------|---------------------|------6----8----6----|------6----5----6----|
E|-5----6----8----6----|-8----6----5----6----|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|

-

E|---------------------|---------------------|------6----8----6----|------6----5----6----|
B|------6----8----6----|------6----5----6----|---------------------|---------------------|
D|---------------------|---------------------|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|
A|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|---------------------|---------------------|

-

E|------6----8----6----|------6----5----6----|------6----8----6----|------6----5----6----|
B|---------------------|---------------------|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|
G|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|---------------------|---------------------|

-

B|------6----8----6----|------6----5----6----|---------------------|---------------------|
G|---------------------|---------------------|------6----8----6----|------6----5----6----|

-

D|------6----8----6----|------6----5----6----|---------------------|---------------------|
A|---------------------|---------------------|------6----8----6----|------6----5----6----|

-

E|-5-------------------|-8-------------------|--------|
E|------6----8----6----|------6----5----6----|-5------|

Form 3: (1-2-4 wide)

D|---------------------|---------------------|------7----9----7----|------7----5----7----|
E|-5----7----9----7----|-9----7----5----7----|-5-------------------|-9-------------------|

-

E|---------------------|---------------------|------7----9----7----|------7----5----7----|
B|------7----9----7----|------7----5----7----|---------------------|---------------------|
D|---------------------|---------------------|-5-------------------|-9-------------------|
A|-5-------------------|-9-------------------|---------------------|---------------------|

-

E|------7----9----7----|------7----5----7----|------7----9----7----|------7----5----7----|
B|---------------------|---------------------|-5-------------------|-9-------------------|
G|-5-------------------|-9-------------------|---------------------|---------------------|

-

E|-5-------------------|-9-------------------|-5-------------------|-9-------------------|
B|------7----9----7----|------7----5----7----|---------------------|---------------------|
G|---------------------|---------------------|------7----9----7----|------7----5----7----|

-

E|-5-------------------|-9-------------------|-5-------------------|-9-------------------|
D|------7----9----7----|------7----5----7----|---------------------|---------------------|
A|---------------------|---------------------|------7----9----7----|------7----5----7----|

-

E|-5-------------------|-9-------------------|--------|
E|------7----9----7----|------7----5----7----|-5------|

-

you can also download the guitar pro file below.

I hope you find this useful.

edit: Added new tabs for other forms

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by enforcer: Jan 14 2009, 05:54 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Can_Karakuzulu___String_skipping_for_beginners.gp4 ( 1.71K ) Number of downloads: 273

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 5 2009, 05:20 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Excellent video Can, I really like the comments and instruction on it, good idea! smile.gif

thanks smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2009, 05:43 PM
Instructor
Some great exercises there enforcer man, and awesome video. Very good job with this lesson! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 5 2009, 05:59 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 5 2009, 06:20 PM) *
Excellent video Can, I really like the comments and instruction on it, good idea! smile.gif

thanks smile.gif

Thank you man, I though such instructions may be useful to remind constantly practicing basics...

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 5 2009, 06:43 PM) *
Some great exercises there enforcer man, and awesome video. Very good job with this lesson! smile.gif

Thank you man, just trying to follow your and other instructors examples... Glad you like it biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 06:09 PM
Instructor
Excellent lesson and mind blowing video quality !
I love it Can smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 5 2009, 06:13 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 5 2009, 07:09 PM) *
Excellent lesson and mind blowing video quality !
I love it Can smile.gif

Man, you gotta know this, I only have one video cam, so I dubbed the original one while taking the right hand video biggrin.gif It was really hard man biggrin.gif But it is nothing now that I get these lovely comments. Thank you Pedja, glad you liked it biggrin.gif With this kind of motivation I want to post each night a new exercise biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 5 2009, 07:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great lesson Can, perfect video indeed smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 5 2009, 07:14 PM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 5 2009, 08:01 PM) *
Great lesson Can, perfect video indeed smile.gif

Thank you man, I am already a great fan of your perfect S.I lessons....

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 5 2009, 07:17 PM
That's awesome ....wow off to a great start I see and congrats smile.gif

--------------------
" Free Your Mind and Your Axe Will Follow" Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 5 2009, 07:40 PM
QUOTE (Dreamcatcher @ Jan 5 2009, 08:17 PM) *
That's awesome ....wow off to a great start I see and congrats smile.gif

Thank you Dreamcatcher, you rule biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 5 2009, 08:00 PM
this is right on time. I started the Judas Priest style lesson and the string skipping parts are messing me up....

Nicely done!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 5 2009, 08:07 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 5 2009, 09:00 PM) *
this is right on time. I started the Judas Priest style lesson and the string skipping parts are messing me up....

Nicely done!

Glad this is helpful man! smile.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 08:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 5 2009, 06:13 PM) *
Man, you gotta know this, I only have one video cam, so I dubbed the original one while taking the right hand video biggrin.gif It was really hard man biggrin.gif But it is nothing now that I get these lovely comments. Thank you Pedja, glad you liked it biggrin.gif With this kind of motivation I want to post each night a new exercise biggrin.gif

You did the the old fashioned way when guys were doing instructional videos with one camcorder - I love it smile.gif

But lightning and sharpness in video is just great! I think you should do one every night or couple times a week at least wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 5 2009, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 5 2009, 09:39 PM) *
You did the the old fashioned way when guys were doing instructional videos with one camcorder - I love it smile.gif

But lightning and sharpness in video is just great! I think you should do one every night or couple times a week at least wink.gif

I got something new now. scripts and tabs are ready, just have to take 6 short video takes. I believe I can finish them tonight... Its about a my way of playing major modes...

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 5 2009, 10:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 5 2009, 07:14 PM) *
Thank you man, I am already a great fan of your perfect S.I lessons....

Cool, already a fan without any SI lessons done yet tongue.gif (but there will be in the future smile.gif).

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Jan 5 2009, 10:37 PM

--------------------

Guitars & Amps
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 5 2009, 10:47 PM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 5 2009, 11:36 PM) *
Cool, already a fan without any SI lessons done yet tongue.gif (but there will be in the future smile.gif).

What about S.I Lick of the day thread? smile.gif This is to become a greater asset of GMC than SI Lessons I believe biggrin.gif

edit: typo

This post has been edited by enforcer: Jan 5 2009, 10:50 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 5 2009, 11:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 5 2009, 10:47 PM) *
What about S.I Lick of the day thread? smile.gif This is to become a greater asset of GMC than SI Lessons I believe biggrin.gif

edit: typo

Ah you are referring to that smile.gif ... am glad that ppl start to submit their licks now .. will be a great asset indeed smile.gif

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Jan 5 2009, 11:10 PM

--------------------

Guitars & Amps

Effects & Other stuff

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 11 2009, 10:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well done man

usefull

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 11 2009, 10:16 PM
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Jan 11 2009, 11:05 PM) *
Well done man

usefull

Thank you buddy, glad you liked it laugh.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 14 2009, 05:35 PM
Is there more tab for this somewhere?

You mentioned different fingerings in our MTP thread. But I only see the one set of tab.

This post has been edited by jer: Jan 14 2009, 05:36 PM

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:05 AM