Electric Violin Fretboard N A Guitar Fretboard
guitargod
May 12 2008, 07:25 AM
GMC:er
hi guys, i came across this website with electric violins n saw guitarist that actually play this instrument? does anyone of u owe an electric violin? how different is the violin fretboard from a guitar fretboard, seems kinda similar wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 12 2008, 08:33 AM
Instructor
its different than the fret board of guitar but it will be easier to play violins if you play guitar
than you dont play guitar .i think the standard tunning for violins is E.A.D.G
other wise you have to know the rules how this instrument work

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 12 2008, 11:31 AM
Instructor
I think violins has nothing to do with guitars, because you have to learn all the positions on the fretless neck and completely different right and left hand techniques. But it helps to be a musician and a guitar player, so you know how to practice easier etc.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 12 2008, 11:34 AM
Get to da Chopper!
The main things that will be different will be the fretless neck, learning to do vibrato at a different angle and not being able to use a pick wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:34 PM