Guitar Strings
Jocke
Nov 4 2007, 09:21 PM
GMC:er
hello Kris

I just wanted to know how thick guitarstrings do you use. I read somwhere that Gabriel uses 009-strings and I thought before that 009 should be very thin strings for a proffessional guitar player like him. So I'm just curious to know what strings do you recommend.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 9 2007, 09:35 PM
GMC Founder
Hello Jocke,

Thickness of strings is completely a matter of taste - in fact I believe Yngwie uses 0,08.

You will find it easier to do solo tricks (bending etc) with thinner strings - however you will get a little more power out of thicker strings.

I use 0,09 smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jocke
Nov 10 2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the information.

mvh Jocke smile.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 10 2007, 07:51 AM
Guitar strings also determine certain tone and usually thicker strings' tone sounds better for a longer period of time.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 11 2007, 11:30 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Plus, thicker strings are better for low tunings (C Stand. and below), trust me, you dont want to hear a .08 gauge string tuned to C or bleow, its bad, the loseness of it makes it go out of tune in a few bends.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:00 PM