Introduction
Sunny
Apr 11 2012, 03:03 PM
GMC:er
Hi everyone!

I joined GMC about a week ago and I think it's time for a short introduction. I must say that I didn't expect to find such a wonderful community behind the lessons so I'm thrilled to become part of it, to learn and to share. biggrin.gif

My name is Sunny, I'm 41 years old and I live with my family in northern Sweden. I have a passion for playing guitar; I play both classical and electric guitar, but as hobby guitarist and a person with more interests than free time I quite often let other things take over and leave my guitars to dust for months.

I fell in love with guitar already as a kid but it wasn't until I was 15 that I finally got myself a classical guitar and found someone to teach me how to play. At that time I started listening to heavy metal music and discovered it's crisp distorted guitar sound. Soon enough I found myself gluing a home-made pickup to my metal-stringed guitar, soldering a simple signal distorter and picking up tunes from the music I listened to: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Helloween, Agent Steel, Vicious Rumours, Manowar, Testament, Joe Satriani, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Nirvana, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, ... to name just a few.

These days I enjoy progressive/power/epic metal, have a special feeling for black/death metal and admire shredding. I still listen mostly to metal but I also like classical music and jazz. Actually I listen to and enjoy about everything, as long as it's original and complex enough for my taste. tongue.gif

My aim right now is to make playing guitar my habit, part of my lifestyle. My current focus is to improve my technical skills, establish a practicing routine and get some songs (from GMC lessons) under my belt. Especially Lian Gerbino's; I just adore his awesome sound and tritonus usage! *bow*

I started working on Ben's Bushido lessons (for beginners) and am finding tons of interesting reads on the forums, so I'm all full up, playing regularly and being highly motivated. cool.gif

Thanks for reading,
Sunny

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Alhambra 3C, Ibanez S470, Boss ME-50, KORG MA-30, Marshall MG15CDR, MacBook Pro

Practice Journal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2012, 05:48 PM
Instructor
Hi Sunny! Great introduction! Welcome to the community! You did a great choice by starting following Ben's Bushido Lessons. smile.gif
Let me know if you need any help just sending a PM or posting a thread at my personal board!
Enjoy GMC! smile.gif

Gab.-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 12 2012, 10:46 AM
Instructor
Hi Sunny, welcome to GMC smile.gif

I admire your dedication to metal by attaching a pickup to your acoustic guitar !! That is rock n roll cool.gif

I look forward to your participation in the Bushido Tasks... the great thing is you can gain a lot of advice and encouragement from the takes that GMCers have already done, so use and abuse it as much as you need to wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sunny
Apr 12 2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys! smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 11 2012, 04:48 PM) *
You did a great choice by starting following Ben's Bushido Lessons. smile.gif

Haha, though they are named "for beginners" I find them not easy at all and am lovingly calling them Ben's Harakiri Lessons. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 12 2012, 09:46 AM) *
I admire your dedication to metal by attaching a pickup to your acoustic guitar !! That is rock n roll cool.gif

Heh, I always considered that a consequence of lacking funds to buy a real electric guitar, but I like your way of putting it better! laugh.gif

--------------------

Practice Journal

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2012, 07:01 PM
Instructor
hey Sunny! Welcome to GMC! Glad you decided to share your story with the community! We are thrilled to have ya here man! If you need any help. just go ahead and ask, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 12 2012, 07:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sunny @ Apr 12 2012, 05:08 PM) *
Thanks guys! smile.gif

Haha, though they are named "for beginners" I find them not easy at all and am lovingly calling them Ben's Harakiri Lessons. tongue.gif

Haha, well I do like you young ruffians to have a challenge, keeps you off the streets and out of trouble wink.gif

BANZAI !!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Apr 12 2012, 07:28 PM
Welcome, Sunny smile.gif

Great job on going for the Bushido tasks, it's a bit of pressure, but you're bound to improve.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 13 2012, 08:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Apr 12 2012, 07:28 PM) *
Welcome, Sunny smile.gif

Great job on going for the Bushido tasks, it's a bit of pressure, but you're bound to improve.

And if you don't improve.. you get certain body parts broken.. or removed. There's no greater incentive than that !

Have a nice day smile.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Apr 14 2012, 02:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome, fellow Swede! You will love it here (or you do already). We have similar teenage influences as well! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Sunny
Apr 15 2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks for welcome everyone! smile.gif

I'll make a post on my progress soon. It's been two weeks now and I already see my skills improving. cool.gif

--------------------

Practice Journal

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2012, 11:57 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Glad to hear that your experience with GMC is already being fruitful smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:44 AM