Wish You Were Here - With Vocals :)
rhoads
Oct 25 2011, 08:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi everybody !

I have been working for some time now on the vocal part for this song and I finally have some results. Please tell me what you think. I need your advice !

It's only audio for now and its just before where the verse begins because this take was better than the others smile.gif
I added some reverb on the voice because it sounded to dry without. It's the only effect.

Waiting biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Wish_you_were_here.mp3 ( 5.37MB ) Number of downloads: 125

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 25 2011, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Very nice man, I can sense a nice vibe/emotion in your voice. All in all it's very good, but you need to work on the vocals a bit more, it's false here and there, and specially concentrate on faster note changes, make them more precise (instead of just doing a undefined glissando). I think your voice color is quite good, and guitar tone as well. Just need to work a bit more on these vocals. Guitar work is mostly good, specially like the theme.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Oct 25 2011, 09:07 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 25 2011, 09:43 PM
Instructor
Can I be honest? You have a lot of deviation, false! No matter that You have a nice colorful voice, you have a lot to work on it!
If you know any professional singers, ask for advice! It's not only a hearing practicing , proper posture and breathing is also important in the whole process.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 26 2011, 12:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
If you can record the lryic line with electric guitar on a seperate track ,and then practice singing with the track until you get a good recording
and then mute the guitar track
of course you now will have to learn the giutar part ,but ,both these proceders will help train your ear , and help you get it up to speed

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 26 2011, 01:21 AM
Instructor
hey i like it man, it's not bad, i'm a singer myself or want to be one at least, and it's kind of hard to get started on the vocals, the instrument is not made from a piece of something it's actually inside you biggrin.gif

so it can be challenging to get started, you already did the first huge step, you actually did it, sang the song, recorded it and shared it, that's like giant.

now you need to listen to yourself on the record and start working on the bad parts, you need more air, and you need to tune up your vocals, it's very hard to do this, you DO need a good ear, but that's the beauty of it, you gotta work on it.

keep it up man, it's a long journey, and it's probably the most challenging instrument.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 26 2011, 06:42 AM
Instructor
Hi man! Thanks for sharing your song in progress! I like the colour of your voice. Your timing is good. You have to work in your intonation... there are many notes that your are singing that are out of tune. The first step to improve this is to note it. So please listen to your take and try to note what I'm talking about. You can use your guitar and play the notes (from the scale in which the song is based) and compare them with your voice.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 26 2011, 08:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 26 2011, 05:42 AM) *
Hi man! Thanks for sharing your song in progress! I like the colour of your voice. Your timing is good. You have to work in your intonation... there are many notes that your are singing that are out of tune. The first step to improve this is to note it. So please listen to your take and try to note what I'm talking about. You can use your guitar and play the notes (from the scale in which the song is based) and compare them with your voice.

Hey Alex! Gabe's advice is very handy for now, so see what notes are out in your vocal take and replace them! Regarding the vocal technique, pffff, mate we have to talk thoroughly on the matter - now, you lack technique BUT you have a very good tone smile.gif so that's a big plus as technique can be acquired through work!

Send more recordings and we can discuss on them! BTW have you managed to get in touch with Mira?

+Quote Post
rhoads
Oct 26 2011, 11:28 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot everybody ! It means so much to me.. It's kinda what I was expecting and hoping to hear from you so my self confidence grows smile.gif

I know I am lacking technique and I hear all the bad notes, but didn't have any more patience so I had to upload this take.

@Cosmin - Yes I talked to Mira and we were supposed to meet this Saturday, but there was an unexpected incident and I had to leave town in that morning so.. unfortunately it will have to wait until the next time.

This post has been edited by rhoads: Oct 26 2011, 11:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 26 2011, 12:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (rhoads @ Oct 26 2011, 10:28 AM) *
Thanks a lot everybody ! It means so much to me.. It's kinda what I was expecting and hoping to hear from you so my self confidence grows smile.gif

I know I am lacking technique and I hear all the bad notes, but didn't have any more patience so I had to upload this take.

@Cosmin - Yes I talked to Mira and we were supposed to meet this Saturday, but there was an unexpected incident and I had to leave town in that morning so.. unfortunately it will have to wait until the next time.

Ok mate! Well, try Gabe's advice first, in order to set up the correct vocal line with the right notes smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Oct 27 2011, 04:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I thought you did a pretty good job biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
rhoads
Oct 27 2011, 07:50 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Oct 27 2011, 03:49 AM) *
I thought you did a pretty good job biggrin.gif

Thanks mate !

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:23 PM