A Tough Assignment!
Conrad Harpham
Nov 1 2010, 11:17 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys
Ive just finished playing in the orchestra for a run of "Fame the musical" at a local theatre, reading from a large book of notation huh.gif - not too bad when you get to know the songs, but the first couple of nights...very scary! I can honestly say that in terms of scariness it was right up there with 36 finger tapping! But what a buzz! A strongly recommend brushing up your sight reading, get down to your local theatre and start counting those rests!! Next stop, west side story!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 2 2010, 01:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
Great. Any chance we can hear anything? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 2 2010, 03:32 AM
GMC:er
Sounds like you are getting your stage legs! Congrats! Any video of the performance? Whatever you do next, video it even if it's with a flip cam or cell phone and put it up on youtube so we can see it smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 9 2010, 05:55 PM
Instructor
Great job man indeed! smile.gif Doing work like that is very interesting for head trip, specially if you have to sight read. Definitely different then improvising or playing previously rehearsed material. Do you have some recordings of any kind?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:09 AM