Quick Licks #80 - Double Picking Ben Peggios
Todd Simpson
May 18 2019, 10:43 PM
GMC:er
DOUBLE PICKING is just striking the same note twice in a give lick/passage/phrase. It's a good way to make to make any lick sound more active. Let's try this technique with a "Ben Peggio" which is just an arpeggio that we will play without sweeping, but instead will use a back and forth string traverse. Double picking a lick like this can be a serious challenge as it requires double picking and string traverse. These can be tricky on their own and more so when combined. The good news is that it's a great way to work on your alternate picking!

[attachment=48695:80.gp5]

[attachment=48694:80.png]

Hit me with any questions you might have. This one is tricky but well worth it!

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  81fix.gp5 ( 2.06K ) Number of downloads: 73

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
May 31 2019, 08:54 PM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2019, 07:44 AM
Told ya there was a stretch waiting on ya! smile.gif The next one has a crazy stretch in it as well. This type of lick requires non stop string traverse and double picking, and a crazy pinky stretch where you have to stick the landing or the entire lick falls apart. You have zero trouble nailing it!! Very nice on the stretch and pinky work!! Those bits often makes folks stumble a bit. Not so here!!! In short you just KRUSHED IT and..
LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image
Todd

QUOTE (onetabmat @ May 31 2019, 03:54 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 1 2019, 08:37 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 24 2019, 06:24 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Take 1 Sarge.

https://youtu.be/_MCTSwd08NA

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 27 2019, 08:15 AM
Look at him go! I remember you mentioned the benpeggios were tricky and it's not just you. Playing anything in this manner is tricky. I've tried it on wads of things and I have yet to find anything that's easy to play with this picking pattern. It's one of the easiest things I've ever come cross to muck up. Good news is that you got your double picking and your benpeggios down cold! Congrats there.

I applaud your ambition for giving a go at triple picking! This is hard enough on double picking. Triple picking is even trickier. You miss a couple of notes, but still get most of it which is impressive all by itself. Not to mention it's going above and beyond. You just..
LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 24 2019, 01:24 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 27 2019, 08:27 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:28 PM