Video Continuity With Mistakes
tonyparnham
Nov 8 2009, 03:34 PM
GMC:er
I am considering making my first video, but what happens if you make a mistake half way through. Is it a matter of just "getting it right" or can it be edited with post-editing with cut-ins later if you have decent software. I was intending to go in to the camera through the aux jack socket and then into the computer, BUT even though I've played it many times correctly I always seem to cock-up somewhere when the comera is running.
Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 8 2009, 03:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (tonyparnham @ Nov 8 2009, 03:34 PM) *
I am considering making my first video, but what happens if you make a mistake half way through. Is it a matter of just "getting it right" or can it be edited with post-editing with cut-ins later if you have decent software. I was intending to go in to the camera through the aux jack socket and then into the computer, BUT even though I've played it many times correctly I always seem to cock-up somewhere when the comera is running.
Tony
if you can't record it in one take , sorrry but you are not ready to play it live. might be able to pull it of live for the audience, but you will know. the feeling you will get when you play it in one take is worth it , don't rob yourself by editing

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Nov 8 2009, 03:42 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 8 2009, 06:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonyparnham @ Nov 8 2009, 03:34 PM) *
Tony

If you make a mistake half way through, nothing happens, you get a bit aggravated. If it happens in the end of the solo, you get more aggravated, this is how it goes.. It happens all the time tho, don't worry. Just focus on playing the best way you can, and make breaks. After a while tension builds up, so nothing comes out well. Usually what I do is loop the backing 5 times with precount, and record. If the piece is hard for me and there isn't any good take there, I wait couple of mins and do it again. It will eventually come.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
maharzan
Nov 8 2009, 06:40 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Oh yea.. this happens to all.. I record like at least 50 - 60 times to get that one correct take. Everytime, either a note is not ringing or there is noise or I just play it wrong etc.. I have been playing for like 15 years (not hardcore though). The thing about getting it right is you have to practice, A LOT. As you become more comfortable, the amount of takes decreases. And yes, recording makes it worse. Whenever I am playing and someone comes by or I just see a shadow.. there you go, that take is surely gone.. distraction and consciousness I guess. So, its obvious I guess. smile.gif

Just need more practice.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
tonyparnham
Nov 9 2009, 08:58 AM
GMC:er
Thanks everyone, question answered and so 69 takes it is.
Cheers Tony

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:24 AM