I Love Band Documentaries, Here's one from Anberlin
PosterBoy
Jul 9 2016, 09:56 AM
Learning Roadie

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2016, 04:08 PM
Instructor
Cool! I also love band documentaries. One of my favorites, is Anvil. It makes me cry every time I watch it. I also love Dave Grohl's stuff, he has the ability to touch my heart with his documentaries.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jul 9 2016, 08:29 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I can highly recommend 2 music documentaries. "The Wrecking Crew" and "Standing In The Shadow of Motown" (The Funk Brothers) Great documentaries that I believe are a must see. Tommy Tedesco is my hero!

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jul 11 2016, 03:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Oh yes! Huge fan of band documentaries. One of my favourite is a 4 hour documentary of Woodstock. That's Epic. I also adore live DVD's ! smile.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 12 2016, 01:19 PM
Learning Roadie
There's a great 4 hour Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers one called Running Down a Dream

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Jul 12 2016, 01:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 12 2016, 12:19 PM) *
There's a great 4 hour Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers one called Running Down a Dream

Would love to see that !! cool.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 31 2016, 02:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
It's not exactly a band documentary, but I recommend anyone to watch the documentary called "Not Dead Yet" about Jason Becker. Sad, but inspiring!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 31 2016, 04:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
One of my favourite music / band documentaries ever is 'Until the light takes us' focuses on the 90's Norwegian black metal scene.
Lost count of the amount of times Ive watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFfB3QXVHRE

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 31 2016, 06:12 PM
GMC:er
Great Minds Think Alike!! I was just about to post this same vid when I saw this post. One of the best docs about BLACK METAL that I've ever seen. My fave part is seeing Mr. Black Metal himself "Fenriz" from Darkthrone taking the piss out of the genre a bit by trying to explain what it started as, vs what it became. That has gotten really lost over the years. To wit, after Dark Throne, he put out a TECHNO ALBUM because he thought it was the most "Black Metal" thing he could do. He has said in interviews that "Black Metal" isn't a sound or look, that was made in a commodity much later. It's an indignant repudiation of expectations and a lack of personal compromise. That's the real "core" of it. So he thought that making a Techno album was the most black metal thing he could do, in light of the fact that everyone expected him to make more Dark Throne type stuff.

Once rebellion becomes orthodoxy, the rebellion is over. I wish more folks could connect the dots on that idea. It would save us from a LOT of bad music smile.gif Read an interview with Isahn from legendary "Black Metal" group EMPEROR in Decibel Magazine recently (yes, there are still things made from dead trees called Magazines believe it or not smile.gif ) and he talked about dropping the corpse paint and other tropes that had become a bit of an albatross around the groups neck. At the time, it caused a stir. "What? No Corpse Paint? They Can't be Black Metal!". But that's why he did it. To reject expectations instead of become a slave to them. He's getting deep in his old age smile.gif

Here is a link to the interview. BTW FENRIZ works at the POST OFFICE. Yup. He's a Government Employee. Has been for decades.
http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2016/6/1/n...genres-confines

Todd

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 31 2016, 11:07 AM) *
One of my favourite music / band documentaries ever is 'Until the light takes us' focuses on the 90's Norwegian black metal scene.
Lost count of the amount of times Ive watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFfB3QXVHRE

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 31 2016, 06:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's a trailer for the Not Dead Yet documentary I mentioned earlier:

It's both sad and very inspiring, as said.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 1 2016, 07:02 PM
GMC:er
Really looking forward to that one!!! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 31 2016, 01:37 PM) *
Here's a trailer for the Not Dead Yet documentary I mentioned earlier:

It's both sad and very inspiring, as said.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 1 2016, 07:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 1 2016, 08:02 PM) *
Really looking forward to that one!!! smile.gif

Todd

It's already out and I believe you can find it somewhere on the internet smile.gif Well worth watching. It got me saying to myself: "This guy just keeps going, despite of ALS, and I can't find the motivation to practice properly 10 minutes a day? Bull****! Let's get going!"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:23 AM