Adwise For Bying A Guitar
quebrado
Sep 26 2007, 05:55 AM
GMC:er
Hi GMC'ers!

i've played guitar almoast 2 years mow, and im going to by my second el-guitar.
But i need some advise for what guitar i shall by.

can you pleace come whith some suggestions?

Quebrado;D

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Sep 26 2007, 05:58 AM
well first question... what type of music are u iterested in playing. second how much are you willing to pay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ClifordACDC: Sep 26 2007, 05:59 AM

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 26 2007, 06:02 AM
QUOTE (quebrado @ Sep 26 2007, 12:55 AM) *
Hi GMC'ers!

i've played guitar almoast 2 years mow, and im going to by my second el-guitar.
But i need some advise for what guitar i shall by.

can you pleace come whith some suggestions?

Quebrado;D

Like clifford said it's very important to know what type of music your going to play.I can tell you now that 90% of the people on here are going to tell you Ibanez biggrin.gif .There really great guitars especially for metal and shred but also just keep your mind open to other's.I'll post again once we here more about what you like.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
quebrado
Sep 26 2007, 06:02 AM
well... metall, rock... ye,and a bit of everything actually:P

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Sep 26 2007, 06:05 AM
well sheredman is right most people will probally sugest ibanez which sould be good for what you want to play but other good brands like jackson, esp and schecter are good for metal and rock. but just so we can be a bit more specific what is your price range?

--------------------

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
quebrado
Sep 26 2007, 06:07 AM
i think about bying a gibson sg, i've heard thats a great guitar. But some have told me that ibanez and some other marks are better.

yust write many good suggustions;)

price is around 700 - 1400.

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Sep 26 2007, 06:14 AM
well for jackson some good guitars would be a dkmg dinky although it is more sutted for just metal because emg's dont really have that great of a clean sound. i would recomend a jackson dk2m because its bridge pu is a seymour duncan jb which can do metal and rock and the neck pu is a seymoure duncan jazz which will get you good clean tones also. any ibanez rg prestidge fits in your price range also, but try to go to a shop and try out guitars you may end up finding something no one suggests.

dkmg: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jac...inky?sku=512231

DK2M: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jac...itar?sku=517588

This post has been edited by ClifordACDC: Sep 26 2007, 06:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 26 2007, 06:17 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (quebrado @ Sep 26 2007, 07:07 AM) *
i think about bying a gibson sg, i've heard thats a great guitar. But some have told me that ibanez and some other marks are better.

"Better" from what aspect?

I like Ibanez, for it it's easier to play, but I like to tone of a Les Paul better though that guitar is a bit tougher to play. I like the feel of a stratocatster but rather have a fat strat with humbuckers.
I just love my Charvel!

Are you looking for a bright tone, warm, dark, do you want a floyd rose tremolo? there are so much to look at.

BUT... if you want an SG you should get one. It's what you think that matters, not your friends. They are not going to play your guitar you are. The SG has a warm tone. It's a classic!

+Quote Post
quebrado
Sep 26 2007, 06:18 AM
ok, ill do it first thing tomorrow;) thanks for fine suggustionshttp

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:15 AM